how to prepare for GRE

actually i can't find any category to post this thread...so
can anyone tell me how to prepare for GRE....

and i had completed my B.E in elec. and electronics.....bt i want to do my MS in software field...so can this option available for me...

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to GRE section. The first step in the preparation would be to go through the syllabus and sample tests available on the Internet. You may even apply for a date later this year and start preparing your word lists, quant and honing logical skills.
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    ashie
    actually i can't find any category to post this thread...so
    can anyone tell me how to prepare for GRE....

and i had completed my B.E in elec. and electronics.....bt i want to do my MS in software field...so can this option available for me...
    i suggest you not to attempt GRE without preparing the word list.. world list is a must.. you can learn 100 words/day to complete the list in 40 days.. there are exactly 4008 words in barons' list.. learn them by heart.. there is no other way to score good on gre.. practice reading comprehension as tough as you can.. it is the toughest prt on the gre.. write atleast one topic a day from the official pool of topics posted on ets' website.. so that you get time to improve your writing..
    for maths try every hard problem because we generally overlook maths.. Do this and i assure you that you will score good for sure..
  • RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    about how much time it takes?
  • dikshalakhe
    dikshalakhe
    RISHABH LALA
    about how much time it takes?
    to complete the only word list as per the plan stated by me, it will take 40 days.. moreover you have to devote pretty considerable time for reading comprehension as well.. you can practice RC with word list and also practicing a single topic daily will enhance your writing style.. Therefore if you devote yourself totally for this, then 2 and half months with revision time of half month for word list is more than enough.. and if you aint serious then even a year long preparation wont do.. and yes do not forget to practice maths daily.. do it for an hour or so daily for 2 n half months and i assure you a above average score.. all the best..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

want to know" how to overcome thrashing "plz
The other day, I went to attend a meeting which was conducted for creating public awareness about Road Safety. The message by the Motor Vehicle Inspector intrigues me. He said:...
any one knows about ruby on Rails.. i want to know and the best study meterial and development environment... Thanks in advance
can anybody tell me that how pressure is an intensive property but i think that at many place pressure gernation depends on mass..u can see that if there are two...
Hi myself SYED BASEERULLAH HUSSAINI .R , a student of C.ABDUL HAKEEM COLLEGE OF ENGG & TECHNOLOGY from TAMIL NADU ,INDIA . I am pursuing my 3rd year and i...