Kaustubh Katdare
    sndgpr26
    hello every one
    i m a btech 3rd yrs ece student and i want to prepare for gate exam
    can any one suggest me regarding the preperation
    Thread moved to GATE section.
  • YashBhatt
    YashBhatt
    As far as i know,GATE 2013 doesn't allow students to appear if they are in the 3rd year
    Only final year students or pass outs are eligible for GATE

If you are planning to get in gear and prepare for the future GATE exam then i suggest you get your basics and fundamentals straight in your field
    GATE is a MCQ exam which doesn't involve any lengthy Q&A like in your normal engineering papers,Just 1mark and 2mark questions which test your basics and fundamentals in your respective field

As of now,the best way you can start preparing is collect some good reference books that focus in getting the respective subjects in your head
    That would help you later on when you actual become eligible for GATE and want to take the exam

There are books available for GATE(G.K Publications) which are totally useless as they contain alot of false info. which would be misleading at your stage
    So Reference books are your best bet here 😀
  • sndgpr26
    sndgpr26
    YashBhatt
    As far as i know,GATE 2013 doesn't allow students to appear if they are in the 3rd year
    Only final year students or pass outs are eligible for GATE

If you are planning to get in gear and prepare for the future GATE exam then i suggest you get your basics and fundamentals straight in your field
    GATE is a MCQ exam which doesn't involve any lengthy Q&A like in your normal engineering papers,Just 1mark and 2mark questions which test your basics and fundamentals in your respective field

As of now,the best way you can start preparing is collect some good reference books that focus in getting the respective subjects in your head
    That would help you later on when you actual become eligible for GATE and want to take the exam

There are books available for GATE(G.K Publications) which are totally useless as they contain alot of false info. which would be misleading at your stage
    So Reference books are your best bet here 😀
    but for more practice of numerical questions
    are those book like gk publication not helpful??
  • YashBhatt
    YashBhatt
    sndgpr26
    Well,i would stay away from that book
    I have had a bad experience in GATE 2012

For numerical,refer to previous years GATE papers and their solution
    There are numerical's available online as well(Google Search) for CN,OS etc..

For Maths just stick with the standard books
  • sumit4leo
    sumit4leo
    sndgpr26
    you can rely on gk publication but as a part of ur preparation...the most important thing is tat u sud know the basic concepts of subject..for tat u need reference books..these type of books(gkp) contains few concepts from which u can find the answers of many questions..but only preparing from gkp is not enough.
  • Shivani.bhupal
    Shivani.bhupal
    EVEN IM IN SAME DELIMMA
    I m in 2nd year CSE... plz tell me how to start preparing to get into PEC chandigarh.
    how to clear GATE?
    what can i do at this stage to prepare for GATE??
  • sumit4leo
    sumit4leo
    Shivani.bhupal
    EVEN IM IN SAME DELIMMA
    I m in 2nd year CSE... plz tell me how to start preparing to get into PEC chandigarh.
    how to clear GATE?
    As you r in2nd year.....the subjects wch u r studying nw r the subjects tat will be asked in Gate exams....u must clear ur basics..this is most important...u should look the question that have been asked in GATE xams on a regular basis..try to solve them parallel as u read a topic...u can use books like GK publications or smthng like tat..this can be very helpful as u have to give gate in 2 years...the question asked in GATE xams are mostly based on basics concepts and use them to solve a problem wch is little complex..
  • BHUKYA RAMESH
    BHUKYA RAMESH
    can any one suggest me which publication is better for ec-gate 2013 preparation
  • imgopi
    imgopi
    Shivani.bhupal
    EVEN IM IN SAME DELIMMA
    how to clear GATE?
    Hi friend
    First of all congrats for your future planning.First learn your core subjects like Data structures, Operation systems, Database management system,Compiler design,Software engineering.Because these subjects place high weight-age and prepare maths subjects like Mathematical methods and calculus then go for Aptitude basics. Then U will crack the exam........and dont forgot to study Textbooks. All the best dude
  • Chester33
    Chester33
    Bro i'm B.E 3rd year student i dint take any gate coaching neither started preparing for gate. pls tell me whether i can crack gate and get into iit's if i start preparing frm now. n'd also give me some suggestions how to contine my preparation frm now.
  • madeeasy8
    madeeasy8
    sndgpr26
    hello every one
    i m a btech 3rd yrs ece student and i want to prepare for gate exam
    can any one suggest me regarding the preperation
    You should start for GATE preparation from third year of B.tech. You also must study in depth of each & every subjects with all topics. study on daily basis. The fundamentals must be cleared of every topics. .....must join the best coaching institute India for proper guidance.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the latest version of oracle in the market?
I'm curious to know more about the EIM field. Is EIM is good field? I've been searching for more information about it.
Dear All, I have one Assembly Language programme which i want to load in micro-controller IC(89C51),what is the procedure for that?
There is lot of censorship for speech due to personal safety, national security, business security etc. Because of this, have we really lost the freedom of speech? On the other...
i have done btech(ece) and looking for job plz help me?