How to prepare for CDAC C-CAT exam as I am from a non-IT background?
Here are my book suggestions for clearing section B -
- Computer Fundamentals : Foundations of Computing (Pradeep Sinha & Priti Sinha)
- Operating System Principles by Silberschatz, Galvin, Gagne
- Data Communication & Networking (Forouzan)
- Data Structures Through C in Depth (S. K. Srivastava)
- Computer Organization & Architecture (William Stallings)
- Digital Design: Principles & Practices (John Wakerly)
- Microprocessor Architecture, Programming & Applications (Ramesh Gaonkar)
These are the standard reference books. Apart from these:
Use Nirali publications books that are a standard for MSBTE for all subjects. Here are some sample books: Nirali Prakashan | MSBTE Books By Nirali Publication | Cart91
My recommendation is that you should start preparing for the subjects you are least comfortable with. For non-IT engineers; cracking the programming and computer related questions can be a challenge. However that can be easily overcome by preparation through recommended books and asking questions in this groups. All the best!