How to plot the efficiency graph ?

My lecturer ask me to plot an efficiency graph but he never the information about the y and x axis. He mention that this is a test for us to learn.

So let's say I have the input voltage , input current, input power, output voltage, output current, output power and efficiency.

How can I plot the efficiency data ?

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    as i know efficiency can be plotted between output and input
    so i think you can draw for output power to input power
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    TheSoyaSogiee
    My lecturer ask me to plot an efficiency graph but he never the information about the y and x axis. He mention that this is a test for us to learn. How can I plot the efficiency data ?
    Unless there is a variation of efficiency with some thing else there is nothing much too plot. Let us assume that the system has some internal power consumption, which varies with input power level. Then plotting the input power on the X - axis and the efficiency on the Y - axis will give some meaningful insight into the behaviour of the system.

#-Link-Snipped-##-Link-Snipped-##-Link-Snipped-#
  • TheSoyaSogiee
    TheSoyaSogiee
    If let's say the below information was given.

Load resistance : 470 ohm 470 ohm 470 ohm
    Input voltage : 9v 12v 14v
    Input current : 0.192A 0.161A 0.148A
    Input power : 1.728w 1.932w 2.072w

Output voltage : 24.05v 24.05v 24.05v
    Output current : 0.051A 0.051A 0.051A
    Output Power : 1.224w 1.224w 1.224w
    Efficiency : 70.89% 63.45% 59.17%

With these I just need to use Output Power as y-axis and Input power for x-axis ?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Did you visit the sites suggested and read the info at all? If you want to know the behaviour of the efficiency as a function of input power, what will be your independent variable? Which will be the dependent variable?

It is customery to plot the independent variable on the X and the dependent variable on the Y.

Think a little.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The cams used to operate inlet and exhaust of IC engines are designed for which type of follower motion - SHM or constant acceleration/deceleration? I think they are designed for...
explain the conditions of maximum efficiency of a dc motor and types of efficiencies?
im interested in learning game programming in Delhi in the vacations,does anyone know where can i learn,plz reply
This could be much more feasible for corporate offices than for students.
A microphone for voice input could be added as well. [video=youtube;40tS8A-SJ6c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=40tS8A-SJ6c [/video] ponder over it 😀 But we...
To download the latest version of Apple TV, all you have to do is visit: Settings - General - Update Software Apple has suggested that you should reset your Apple...