How to play .mkv files in media player

i am unable to play .mkv video files in any media player
please suggest me solution to play this kind of files....

Replies

• greatcoder
    greatcoder
    bohar
    i am unable to play .mkv video files in any media player
    please suggest me solution to play this kind of files....
    Why are u wasting your time and using Windows Media Player.
    There are much better free and open source products available:

1) VLC Player: The best in class player. Plays anything that exists on this earth.๐Ÿ‘
    2) GOM Player: Another good option u can go for.
    3) Media Player Classic: Can play large no of formats as well.

Windows Media Player Sucks. But if u still want to play mkv file then u need to download special third party plugin for media player to support mkv files.

Regards
    GC ๐Ÿ˜
  • bohar
    bohar
    greatcoder
    Why are u wasting your time and using Windows Media Player.
    There are much better free and open source products available:

1) VLC Player: The best in class player. Plays anything that exists on this earth.๐Ÿ‘
    2) GOM Player: Another good option u can go for.
    3) Media Player Classic: Can play large no of formats as well.

Windows Media Player Sucks. But if u still want to play mkv file then u need to download special third party plugin for media player to support mkv files.

Regards
    GC ๐Ÿ˜
    i have try vlc player but it does not play this file...
  • greatcoder
    greatcoder
    bohar
    i have try vlc player but it does not play this file...
    I am using VLC player since a long time. It is able to play mkv files. U can also try GOM, but i think if this does not work, There is a problem in the ecncoding of the file u want to play!!
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Common VLC can play anything. I have played rm,mkv,flv etc. VLC is one of the best players available..
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    #-Link-Snipped-# update your vlc player
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    My suggestion:
    just install K-lite kodec mega pack. it will enable you to play all your formats in windows media player.
    while installing select option to associate file formats to media player.
    and have VLC in case of any trouble.
  • coolboy.napster
    coolboy.napster
    Download realplayer. .For free. .
    And when it shows it can't play .Mkv file it automatically searches the missing plugin. .And plays it
    Njoy!
  • bohar
    bohar
    i have four files but vlc play only first file remaining one does not played by vlc ..all of same .mkv file type
  • bohar
    bohar
    please suggest me solution ....first file of name ab.mkv but file type .001 and second file of name ab1.mkv ,file type .002 and so on.....vlc play first file only....i have tried all solution suggest by friend
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    #-Link-Snipped-# you need to join these files . these are splited files of one MKV file.
    you need this : HJ Split
    and put all .mkv.00* files in single folder and got to join tab and then select the 1st file to start joining.After that you will able to play that mkv file.
    One thing is also that latest VLC media player able to play those file without joining.If joined file still not playing then those files are currupted and you need to download again.
  • gandhi vishrut
    gandhi vishrut
    my friend ur file is surely corrupted or it isn't copied/downloaded well i think
    coz the same thing happened with me too..i had an external HD from which i copied a movie with the same .mkv.001 format the first one played but the second part .mkv.002 wont ...but still it played from the harddisk...u can edit the format...by simply renaming...but as ur file may b corrupted try to get a new copy
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    gandhi vishrut
    my friend ur file is surely corrupted or it isn't copied/downloaded well i think
    coz the same thing happened with me too..i had an external HD from which i copied a movie with the same .mkv.001 format the first one played but the second part .mkv.002 wont ...but still it played from the harddisk...u can edit the format...by simply renaming...but as ur file may b corrupted try to get a new copy
    Well said gandhi.
  • gandhi vishrut
    gandhi vishrut
    thnx #-Link-Snipped-#
  • bohar
    bohar
    okey i have to download these files again....thanks
  • gandhi vishrut
    gandhi vishrut
    r the new files working ?
    r they of the same format ?
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    gandhi vishrut
    thnx #-Link-Snipped-#
    Ha Ha .... ๐Ÿ˜€ that was a wrong tag. Mine is #-Link-Snipped-#
  • pollostar
    pollostar
    You can try VLC media player for this file because VLC is very able to play any kind of files that who can not play in another player it can play .mkv files and provides good Technical Support .
    _________
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • karan20m
    karan20m
    install media player codecs to paly .mkv files in your wmp..
  • karan20m
    karan20m
    wmp is the best player ever..
  • chiru
    chiru
    VLC will play all the files or Total video player will do it but if you wanna pley these in WMP then #-Link-Snipped-# or #-Link-Snipped-# might help you to find your codec.
  • deepu11111111
    deepu11111111
    Vlc players version 4 or more will play those file try it
    if you don't have that i will provide the link
  • deepu11111111
    deepu11111111
    karan20m
    wmp is the best player ever..
    you are right but you have to update the version of wmp
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    These files seem like a continuation of single video, i.e. these are parts of a single video.Try VLC latest version, if it doesn't play then the file must be corrupted or encoded by rarely used codecs, then u need to download these codecs. Hope it helps.
  • awanish1981
    awanish1981
    thanks janoop
    my all file join & play in my vlc
    HJ Split
  • awanish1981
    awanish1981
    thanks janoop
    for
    HJ Split
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    bohar
    please suggest me solution ....first file of name ab.mkv but file type .001 and second file of name ab1.mkv ,file type .002 and so on.....vlc play first file only....i have tried all solution suggest by friend
    Bohar
    I think you have downloaded Part Files, first you need to Join that parts.

arrange all files in one folder and by using below S/W join them and enjoy your video ๐Ÿ˜€

#-Link-Snipped-# (location 2)
    #-Link-Snipped-# (location 3)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How can we integrate some .c or .cpp file in UI made using VB. for example i made an identical UI using VB of 'minesweeper' the in-famous game! now i...
All the Adobe employees will now have a reason to make their friends not working in Adobe jealous of them. The company says that it wants to abolish the age...
ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS: I NEED A PASSIVE ELECTRO-MAGNETOTELLURIC DETECTION (EMT) PLATFORM You must be an electronics engineer to work on my project. You must understand all theories and principles about this...
Can someone help me with ideas on design and fabrication of an Automated sheet metal rolling machine that can sense the length of a sheet metal.
Hi everybody, I would need some help on that one. A magneto-meter is connected via a serial port to matlab and actually everything works fine, EXCEPT that, if the data...