How To Permanently Store GIT Credentials ?

Everytime I push or commit change in github, I have to manually add github username and password. I did configured first time github credentials but I guess I am doing some mistake, because after every 180 minutes the credentials are wiped off.

Screenshot from 2015-02-13 18:50:32

Help!

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I think you already seen this, but sharing here
    s#-Link-Snipped-#For Git1.7.9
    git config --global credential.helper "cache --timeout=3600"
    This one might be useful for git 1.8
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Anoop Kumar
    I think you already seen this, but sharing here
    s#-Link-Snipped-#For Git1.7.9
    git config --global credential.helper "cache --timeout=3600"
    This one might be useful for git 1.8
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    So there is no way to store credential permanently without gnome-keyring or Kwallet.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lobbying is in simple terms the art of influencing an entity to turn it into your favour. This entiny may refer to corporates, governments, politicians or policies of a country....
Project Abstract / Summary : We are introducing a new aluminum-based hydrogen generation system that uses aluminum, water and sodium hydroxide solution as its fuel. This reaction produces hydrogen at...
Project Abstract / Summary : In ordinary solar panels, the intensity of sunlight falling on the surface of panel is varying throughout the day and is not up to the...
Project Abstract / Summary : India has been traditionally vulnerable to natural disaster on account of its unique geo-climatic conditions.Floods,droughts,cyclone,earthquake and landslides have been a reccurent phenomena.About 60% of the...
Project Abstract / Summary : Assistive devices are one of the most revolutionized aspects in wearable technology for electronic applications, as they contain the potential to aid people with physical...