How To Password Protect WiFi Connection ? Noob here.

I bought Asus DSL N10E, Wireless Router. I have set up it with NO security.
Can anyone teach me how to secure it with password (WPA/WPA2 , WPE, whatever!) ?

snapshot29

What to do in here ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No security means anyone within the wireless range of your router will be able to connect - and consume the data and bandwidth meant for you. For the screen that you've pasted, I'd recommend -

1. 2.4 GHz (Better Range)
    2. SSID -> Abhishek's Wi-Fi or any other name that you want your wireless connection to show.
    3. Encryption: WPA2 should do.
    4. WPA-PSK (Pre Shared Key) - Enter a keyword that the network will ask you when you connect. Don't keep it too complex; but keep it something that you can easily remember. Typing complicated passwords on phone is difficult. But it's a one time job!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Thanks a lot. Doing it & giving feedback asap.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# There are two WPA : 1) WPA2 (AES) 2) WPA2 (TKIP)
    or WPA/WPA2 ?
    Which one to select ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# There are two WPA : 1) WPA2 (AES) 2) WPA2 (TKIP)
    or WPA/WPA2 ?
    Which one to select ?
    WPA 2 (AES) .
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    alrighty done. Thanks.
  • Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    WPA2( AES ) for higher security and encrypting your data and password
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Disable SSID broadcasting.
    Whatever device you want to connect you need to enter SSID/password manually.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i'm going to do my college level project.so i m having some doubts abt the amplifier and its principles..so guys help me to clear my doubts.. 1.can we use an...
A team of researchers at University of Sheffield have found cheaper and efficient means of trapping solar energy with help of perovskite and spray painting fabrication process. The team of...
The name Chetan Bhagat now resounds with the entire young generation of the country. Everything from his famous novels to the columns he write for TOI, there's a (mind you)...
If you are a biology enthusiast and love exploring the nature around you with your own custom built microscope, the solution from the students at Missouri University of Science and...
A lot of people tend to forget taking their pills when they are on long term medication. Those who suffer from chronic pain need to take pills at regular intervals...