How to Monitor Flow Rate using Microcontroller

Hi Ceans ,
Can anybody give me the microcontroller code to monitor flow rate and volume of the liquid ??

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    cchandansjce
    Hi Ceans ,
    Can anybody give me the microcontroller code to monitor flow rate and volume of the liquid ??
    Which Microcontroller you are using? And sensor to measure flow? Have you tried to write code by yourself?
  • cchandansjce
    cchandansjce
    we are using ATMEGA 32 microcontroller and for volume we are using load cell and for flow we got a flow sensor . I tried writing code in ATMEGA 32 but still not able to do that . So need help sir ...
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    cchandansjce
    we are using ATMEGA 32 microcontroller and for volume we are using load cell and for flow we got a flow sensor . I tried writing code in ATMEGA 32 but still not able to do that . So need help sir ...
    Okey. I can help to write code instead of giving you code.
    Please post link for both Sensors.
  • cchandansjce
    cchandansjce
    link for load cell
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    link for flow sensor
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Load cell gives you change in analog signal and you have to use ADC for measurement. Now can you tell me whats the output of this flow sensor. I am not able to understand that part only.
  • cchandansjce
    cchandansjce
    the output of flow sensor will be analog voltage . Its a magnetic flow meter in which voltage will be generated corresponding to the rotation of the wheel inside the flow sensor.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    cchandansjce
    the output of flow sensor will be analog voltage . Its a magnetic flow meter in which voltage will be generated corresponding to the rotation of the wheel inside the flow sensor.
    Is it Pulse generated or Variation in Voltage(Analog Signal) ?
  • cchandansjce
    cchandansjce
    analog signal
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    cchandansjce
    analog signal
    Ok. So Now You have to measure both analog signals and according to that reading you can calculate Flow rate.
    Have you tried to write ADC Measurement Code?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Which IDE you are using for writing code AVRStudio?
    Here is one Example for ATMEGA interface with ADC :- Design with Microcontrollers: 8-Channel ADC Project with ATmega32
  • cchandansjce
    cchandansjce
    Thought about that .... But how to write that sir ?? Is that similar to C code or different for ATMEGA32 ??
  • cchandansjce
    cchandansjce
    IDE is khazama AVR programmer
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    C is common for all the microcontroller as IDE compiler converts it to assembly so you can go with the same code. You have to check the code after loading into controller this is not exact code you want.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have done Hardware & Networking and am thinking of doing CWNA please help by giving suggestions. Thank you.
Hi how are u doing all,,, i want solution manual for sadiku elements of electromagnetics 5th edition,, i found one with odd answers ,, but i am looking for full...
In my opinion people think that mathematics is the most difficult subject!! I have made an research about that what is the reason behind their thinking and I found that...
Popular blog on startups, Pluggd.in published an interesting article today describing Wikipedia's report on Indian Students. It says "Plagiarism and Copyright Violation are the major challenges among Indian students". During...
my name is kemi and i am from Ogun state in Nigeria,i av my Higher national diploma in electrical/electronics engineering.i am currently doing my national youth service corps,i love reading,making...