How To Make Micro SIM Card From Normal SIM For iPhone & iPad?

Bought a new iPhone or iPad with 3G? Well, here's a bad news - your regular SIM card won't fit in it. iPad and iPhone requires a micro SIM card which you can 'cut' from your regular SIM card on your own. Here's a simple procedure to do it -

1. Get a regular SIM card.
2. With your normal thermocol cutter, cut out the 'metallic' part from the sim card. See image -

micro-SIM-from-a-Mini-SIM2

Your SIM card is ready.

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Wow!!! What if the Sim gets damaged in this process... 😲
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    praveenscience
    Wow!!! What if the Sim gets damaged in this process... 😲
    ... Engineers are expected to be good on 'cutting edge' technology

πŸ˜›
  • Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    The_Big_K
    ... Engineers are expected to be good on 'cutting edge' technology

πŸ˜›
    😁😁😁
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Got a question here, how do you reuse the micro SIM again on an old phone enabled with mini SIM (normal SIM) port? Is there an option for that as well?

P.S.: Just gave a call to Airtel Customer Care. They said to go to the nearest Airtel Office and apply for a micro SIM - it'd cost Rs25/- only. Seems a better option compared to 'risky cutting edge technology'! 😁
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    anoopthefriend
    Got a question here, how do you reuse the micro SIM again on an old phone enabled with mini SIM (normal SIM) port? Is there an option for that as well?
    Use Feviquick @ Rs.5/- πŸ˜›
    (Men can fix anything😁 )
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I did it, I have cut my mini sim card. And so carefully that it dont damage anything either the sim or the other part holding it. (what ever you call) people at shop call it as sim adapter.

So, now I can use my micro sim in SIII or mini sim in my old phone.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    ianoop
    Use Feviquick @ Rs.5/- πŸ˜›
    (Men can fix anything😁 )
    Fevi quick just produces a lot of lumps on sides making it harder to be inserted int o the slot πŸ˜‰

What do you think of that ?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Well considering the odds, I just tried what #-Link-Snipped-# said, and guess what, we all have the cutting-edgedness in us - we just take time to discover it.

P.S.: By the way, I bought a new Nokia 603 (micro SIM enabled device), and loading to CE seems cool from that πŸŽ‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

WorldSkills London 2011 will be the world's largest, international skills competition with young people from across the globe competing to be the best of the best in their chosen skill....
Hey I am trying to use Ansys to model a K joint of tubular section. So my problem is, I want to check the strenght of K joint with tubular...
I needed a NC Tactile pushbutton in a project, I layed the PCB design and sent it to the FAB House and then I found that its very hard for...
need information about power system projects
To those fellow Filipinos who want to take the REE, RME or PEE Board Exam, here are the qualifications: Qualifications of Applicant for Registration as Professional Electrical Engineer. - Any...