How To Make Idea Net Setter Work In Ubuntu 9.04

I have idea net setter Huawei E1732 device. I have Ubuntu 9.04 installed. Now, the problem is I am not able to run the autorun program. I searched for some solutions online and someone said to add a file in /etc folder. Now the problem is i am not able to add the file in the particular folder (no clue, why...😔 ). Help, anyone???

Replies

• Manashree Thokal
    Manashree Thokal
    I had gone through the same problem where I spend a complete day trying all the solutions from the internet.

A simple solution worked for me, but it works just sometimes, not everytime.

Connect the device and then, go to System-> Preferences-> Network Connections.
    Select Mobile Broadband Connection and Add.
    The Idea Netsetter device should be detected automatically. Otherwise, select.
    Select other options like Country, Service Provider, etc.
    Fill username and password fields as-
    username- idea
    password- idea
  • Manashree Thokal
    Manashree Thokal
    It should ideally connect.

The Idea Netsetter device should get automatically detected. Successful connection is established, if the device is detected.

If we need to manually select the device, the connection won't just happen.
  • ideacellular
    ideacellular
    Pensu
    I have idea net setter Huawei E1732 device. I have Ubuntu 9.04 installed. Now, the problem is I am not able to run the autorun program. I searched for some solutions online and someone said to add a file in /etc folder. Now the problem is i am not able to add the file in the particular folder (no clue, why...😔 ). Help, anyone???
    Dear Sir,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. May we request you to reply to us with your complete account details such as Full name, Netsetter no., alternate contact number and the type of Inconvenience you are facing. Also mention the token ID 205IC244799 in the subject.

Regards,
    Idea Cellular

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why do we talk of diffusion capacitance only in the case of semiconductors? Though the carriers are diffused across the junction in a typical device, the derivation proceeds from the...
HI , CAN I GET DISTANCE EDUCATION COURCES FOR CAT NYWHERE? PLS REPLY
After Bigk, Mayur, Patty, Durga, Akd, from the last few months, It's been Our(@Sada cooldudeiet 's) work to conduct KYCEans. And CEan-cooldudeiet got busy with his work these days and...
I am presently pursuing my b.tech final year.i would like to know about the job opportunities in state and central government?and their web sites?and information about them.???
I am unable to understand why does an engineer(from IIT's) gets lot less pay package than a guy from management sector(from IIM's) though engineers too have a huge share as...