How to make a remote control Switch

HI,
I would like to make a simple remote control on / off switch for Bulb which is currently running on the 9Volt battery.I dont know where to start .I have searched through the internet the answer am getting is use RELAY.I am not that familiar with electronics.So could anyone help me to get into the right direction to make a Remote switch?

Regards,
Hsakarp.

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Dunno why, but the first thought that came into my mind is Bistable multivibrator using IC 555 & IR sensors.
  • chaitanyagymnast
    chaitanyagymnast
    Relay is a electro mechanical device, which will on/off when 5 volts applied to it..
    (there is an electro magnet in it)

it costs around 60 to 80/-

(You must use a rectifier to operate relay, because 9V battery can't drive relay)

Most of practical circuits uses 5 to 6 V DC supply, so use that relay as switch for your 9V source and 9V bulb..
    (you may use it for any kind of power supply upto 2A loads)

or use bulb instead of relay and give 9V DC supply to circuit.. (it may or may not work)

fig shows a typical relay
    [​IMG]

this links may helpful for you..
    #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    you can also try to use DTMF link between the transmitter and the receiver
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    jeffrey samuel
    you can also try to use DTMF link between the transmitter and the receiver
    I don't think such an expensive setup would be required for just switching ON and OFF.

Here's my idea. Just an idea so no schematic.

We can just hook up the ground of the light to a bistable multivibrator whose trigger will come from IR sensor. Assuming the multivibrator to be in high state initially, when the button is pressed once, the multivibrator will change its state from 1 to 0 hence providing ground to the terminal of the light completing the circuit. When the button is pressed again, high signal will be applied again to the GND terminal of the light breaking the circuit.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    nice way and if planning to incorporate dtmf for a single switch it is foolish but for LSI of switches it proves its mettle than no other communication link
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    hsakarp
    HI,
    I would like to make a simple remote control on / off switch for Bulb which is currently running on the 9Volt battery.I dont know where to start .I have searched through the internet the answer am getting is use RELAY.I am not that familiar with electronics.So could anyone help me to get into the right direction to make a Remote switch?

Regards,
    Hsakarp.
    Here is basic Circuits for IR Remote you can use it in your project.
    [​IMG]
  • hsakarp
    hsakarp
    Hi,
    Thanks all for your valuable time.
    Thanks for the link chaitanyagymnast.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is a list of project ideas for Structural Engineering topics. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects. This...
I am Chemical Engineer passed our in 1977 from DDIT Nadiayad Gujarat I have worked up my industrial career in production as well in engineering departemet in I)Ion Exchange (...
As i finding universities for automobile enginerring(master).but couldn't ger exactly. can u provide some gud universities which offer master in automoblie.
I want to know what recession really mean. I understand that it affects the economy which results in unemployment. We faced IT recession right? Is it possible in other fields...
Here is a list of project ideas based on Artificial Intelligence (AI). Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects....