How to make a pay phone or how it works??

help me!!

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Please be more specific while asking. So You can get exact information.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Please elaborate what you exactly need. If you want to know how the coin based pay phone works, then, read on...

Pay phones, or coin phones, are activated by the weight of the coin as it is inserted. The coin activates a pulse, and the pulse starts the dial tone of the phone. Each pay phone is programmed with calling rates and fees.

An electronic device monitoring the current rates for local and long-distance calling is installed in the payphone while it is being made. This device also contains information about calling cards and collect call data.

When the dialer attempts to make a call, the phone will calculate the amount of money needed for the call based on the length of time the dialer wants to talk. As the time ends, a voice will request additional money to be deposited to continue the call. If money is not deposited, the phone will automatically disconnect the call when the deposited money runs out.

Is this what you are looking for?
  • sisir47
    sisir47
    Not exactly. I need the whole mechanism of the working of payphone with circuit diagrams. So that i can relate this one to my project, which basically gives the exact amount of water when coin is inserted similar to that of payphone.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    sisir47
    Not exactly. I need the whole mechanism of the working of payphone with circuit diagrams. So that i can relate this one to my project, which basically gives the exact amount of water when coin is inserted similar to that of payphone.
    So basically you want to interface Pay Phone logic into your project where you are going to deliver some amount of water as per the coin inserted right?

Have a look at this :- #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#
  • sisir47
    sisir47
    godfather
    So basically you want to interface Pay Phone logic into your project where you are going to deliver some amount of water as per the coin inserted right?

Have a look at this :- #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#
    Yeah.Thanks.That's very helpful.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    sisir47
    Yeah.Thanks.That's very helpful.
    Please keep updating about your project on Forum if possible.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can i get the information of super probe????
Hey if you are looking to buy Playbook Tablet. Then this good news for you... ​Now buy Blackberry Playbook Tablet at $199. And its available in three version models in...
Quote: Nancy Currie is an engineer who served in the U.S. Army for 23 years and became an astronaut in 1990. She is a veteran of four space shuttle missions,...
Introduction to the Real-Time Systems was explained by Dr. Rajib Mall, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to share your ideas and ask your doubts here...
The Characteristics of the Real-Time Systems were neatly explained by Dr. Rajib Mall, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to share your ideas and ask your...