how to mail executable files?

Hi ,

Why executable files can't be e-mailed like other files?
Is there any possible way to e-mail .exe files?

Replies

• funwithamar
    funwithamar
    ce_neha
    Hi ,

Why executable files can't be e-mailed like other files?
    Is there any possible way to e-mail .exe files?

That's easy ...
    you can either use winzip or winrar to compress them
    or
    the easier way would be to rename the extention to .ex_ and tell the reciver to rename it back to .exe ( but be sure that you have selected to view file extention in the folder options)

good luck
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Main reason is for security, since most viruses are mailed as executables. Unsuspecting recipients would just run it ๐Ÿ˜€

I'd suggest compressing it like funwithamar said.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    rename the extention of file as *.doc ๐Ÿ˜› it works!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I second ash. Usually the email service provider will ban transmission of executable files through email. An exe file may contain a virus or harmful program that may damage the host computer.

I doubt you can transmit .exe files by zipping them. Probably a better way would be to change the file extensions. However, I'm against transmission of .exe files through email.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ah yea, you are right. Zipping it up is not an option ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I changed the extension to .txt I was able to send it.

But I find no reason to mail executable files , i am aganist it.
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    You can zip and add password to that archive.
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    Just try to send by compressing the file using softwares like, winzip, winrar, 7zip etc. Anyone can help you. Then try to send through mail.
    If the mail goes without any problem, it's well and good.
    Else try to rename the file. You can set any extension like, .doc .txt .xls .pdf etc etc. and then try. It works maximum times. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    Pranav Kathale
    Just try to send by compressing the file using softwares like, winzip, winrar, 7zip etc. Anyone can help you. Then try to send through mail.
    If the mail goes without any problem, it's well and good.
    Else try to rename the file. You can set any extension like, .doc .txt .xls .pdf etc etc. and then try. It works maximum times. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Some services like gmail also check for exe files in zipped folders.
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    komputergeek
    Some services like gmail also check for exe files in zipped folders.
    Ok. So, changing the file extension is the only way to send the .exe files through mails??
    Ok. Thanks for that. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • komputergeek
    komputergeek
    Pranav Kathale
    Ok. So, changing the file extension is the only way to send the .exe files through mails??
    Ok. Thanks for that. ๐Ÿ˜€
    I have tried by using password for rar file.It worked.
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    komputergeek
    I have tried by using password for rar file.It worked.
    Ok. Great. ๐Ÿ˜€
    So, we can send the .exe files in both the ways, provided that, we must set password to .zip or .rar files.
    Great. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ah, I guess using password does the trick after all.

Which step would be the most convenient for the recipient? Changing extensions or zipping up with password? Obviously, sending multiple exe files would be much easier via the latter method.
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    ash
    Ah, I guess using password does the trick after all.

Which step would be the most convenient for the recipient? Changing extensions or zipping up with password? Obviously, sending multiple exe files would be much easier via the latter method.
    That's true. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i m studying telecommunication engineering and currently in my final year.i am doing my tech thesis one.i have an idea abt my project.The idea is controlling ur vehicle thru mobile...
A lot of final year students might be looking for a project report format. The links below direct to a sample report that you might find helpful as a guide....
Hello, i am a newbie. Im 14 and am taking GCSE Electronics and i am hoping to continue on and take A level Physics. At school, we came across energy,...
we see many of our regular and CEAn of the months are busy and not active ,so we miss you CEan : Please Come back . Please post Name here...
Join MATLAB product experts and fellow users to see the latest features in the MATLAB product family, learn how to solve your current engineering challenges, and network with colleagues from...