How to lose weight, in order of cost (Absolute Zero)

Happy new year folks. Have all of you stuck to your new year resolutions yet? Of course not. So perhaps your next resolution will be just to make... Simpler resolutions? Like - steal one paper clip a day from office and sell them in wholesale on Dec 31? The trouble is, under the influence of various intoxicants on New Year Eve, people say and promise the stupidest things, such as: "This year, I will find a woman to love me!" or "This year, I will do an experiment in the Chemistry lab without ripping off my seniors' lab values!" or "I am going to make a Large Hadron Collider entirely out of toothpicks and USB cables" or, most ludicrously, "I am going to lose weight!".

slideโ€‹

Let us be clear. The only way you will lose weight is by visiting the loo, or if earth's gravity corrects itself. Sure, in the first week, you're all cucumber-and-sprouts and you walk up the stairs instead of taking the lift, but soon enough, you're back to opening packets of chips and ordering pizzas. That's the way life is. It's self-correcting!

In any case, I don't want to discourage you fully. Here are some ways to lose weight, helpfully ordered by decreasing cost.

Happy new year and hope you lose some of that flab, if you have any. Otherwise, invite me to the unveiling of your Toothpick Collider.

01 02 03 04โ€‹

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The food in Canteen. I think it seems to be one of the nation-wide problem for all engineering students. ๐Ÿ‘Ž
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    In my ragging days me and my roommates lost 7-8 kg in 2 months.
    We use to live in local flat and that time there was nothing to eat in Greater Noida. We din't go out due to fear of seniors and in college time we use to drink only water and that is 10 guys from one bottle.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Has anyone here used a Calorie Counter app? How is the experience? ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Tagging @#-Link-Snipped-# , @#-Link-Snipped-# , @#-Link-Snipped-# , @#-Link-Snipped-# , @#-Link-Snipped-# , @#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Yeah, the college food fiasco. My college timings (in the freshman year) used to be from 8am to 3pm and this meant that we had to depend on the college canteen for lunch. Since the food there was not that good, we sought refuge in the small shop which sold pasties. I remember I gained 4 inches of waistline gorging everyday on the junk food. Soon the timings changed and I could eat at home before getting to college.

When it comes to resolution of weight loss, I like to think it as a way of saving money than keeping myself hungry on a diet. Biscuits have helped to keep away from pizza and soft drinks.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I gave up on this topic. It's simply not worth it. Wasted Rs 2000 for swimming lessons (turned out useful, but job timings don't allow for better use and hence the benefit is not 'visible'). Just last month again wasted Rs 7000 for a Btwin Bicycle (which I never really got to ride yet after my leg injuries). Have a dumb-bell which is dumbly sitting in my room, a skipping rope which is full of dust.

I don't seem to find a permanent solution to this weight loss issue. And not to mention, desk job and tummy!

P.S.: For those of you who don't know, I'm a 97Kg to 65Kg record breaker right after first semester at college. Although the food was not good, I miss that fucking place because it kept me slim and healthy.

Here now, I've got back to 90Kgs in 1 and half years. :-(
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Man, that food was nightmare! And you cant compare anything to government engineering colleges, I mean there were literally dogs and cats used to roam around in the mess! The weight that 4 years of private college mess added, govt. college mess reduced it in 10 months. No gym is that effective! The tummy is in control now, and a big thanks goes to govt. college food!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Also tagging - @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-# @#-Link-Snipped-#
  • lovebox
    lovebox
    The first three months of eating in the college mess literally 'messed' up my health. I lost 11 kg. It was not that I needed to lose weight. But the food, in the true spirit of national integrity, did not discriminate on the basis of previous weights and measures.
    United we stand to vilify glorify our college-mess food.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    ha ha third one was funny. I was a day scholar, so missed that feeling, but I had a friend with around 100 kg weight, but when he was in 2nd year it lost 30 KG ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Somehow losing weight is not on my priority.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    zaveri
    Somehow losing weight is not on my priority.
    Good.

My Gym instructor made me stand on a machine and hold two levers. The machine then magically calculated that i'm a bit overweight; and my 'fat weight' isn't just as much it should be as compared to my 'muscle / protein' weight. ๐Ÿ‘Ž
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    As a student of Govt engineering college i also acknowledge it.i try to increase my weight when i am home but all my work was again reversed by week of college hostel food.
    My friends say that my hostel mess has the best food in terms of visual and smell(i doubt whether they had separate spray to induce smell of briyani,chicken gravy,etc) especially my friends skip morning breakfasts to avoid that stony idli and thosa (A civil student should test our hostel idli for hardness using brinell hardness machine )
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Weight loss? what is that all about?

I am 54 kgs completely under weight, since 11 years ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    At 54.5 Kg I am underweight. The doctor asked me to raise it to at least 60. It stubbornly sits at 54.5. Yoga, gardening and walking add to the conspiracy.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    A.V.Ramani
    Yoga, gardening and walking add to the conspiracy.
    Yeah, this conspiracy keeping me at overweight ๐Ÿ˜•
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    How many of you are waiting for the next comic? Shout here.
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    Ankita Katdare
    here me.....i'm ready to yell .....
  • princess_priiya
    princess_priiya
    Deepak Gopalakrishnan
    Happy new year folks. Have all of you stuck to your new year resolutions yet? Of course not. So perhaps your next resolution will be just to make... Simpler resolutions? Like - steal one paper clip a day from office and sell them in wholesale on Dec 31? The trouble is, under the influence of various intoxicants on New Year Eve, people say and promise the stupidest things, such as: "This year, I will find a woman to love me!" or "This year, I will do an experiment in the Chemistry lab without ripping off my seniors' lab values!" or "I am going to make a Large Hadron Collider entirely out of toothpicks and USB cables" or, most ludicrously, "I am going to lose weight!".

slideโ€‹

Let us be clear. The only way you will lose weight is by visiting the loo, or if earth's gravity corrects itself. Sure, in the first week, you're all cucumber-and-sprouts and you walk up the stairs instead of taking the lift, but soon enough, you're back to opening packets of chips and ordering pizzas. That's the way life is. It's self-correcting!

In any case, I don't want to discourage you fully. Here are some ways to lose weight, helpfully ordered by decreasing cost.

Happy new year and hope you lose some of that flab, if you have any. Otherwise, invite me to the unveiling of your Toothpick Collider.

01 02 03 04โ€‹
    How about Gaining Weight ???? ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Ankita Katdare
    Halleluijah!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With that interesting tag line to gorge on, Honda India has launched the Amaze SX in petrol and diesel variants in India. The i-DTEC Diesel Engine offers a mileage of...
HP VoiceTab Slate 6 and VoiceTab Slate 7 are now officially introduced. Hewlett-Packard has announce that these voice tablets will be launched in India next month. Running on Android 4.2.2....
check what CentOS says:https://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2014-January/020100.html
Please give the way to post events on Crazy Engineers.
Micromax Bolt A66 is finally here. The company has launched the smartphone in India and it is now available for buying at Rs. 6000. The phone features a 4.5-inch TFT...