How to know where a video file in OS goes?

Hi all ,

I have recently faced a new problem, that is if i download any video file(just as .mpeg, .wmv, etc.) from internet, it gets downloaded but i am unable to acess after i disconnect my internet. Sometimes i found it in the user folder that is "internet tempory folders" but othertimes i am helpless to find such files.

I hope that anyone knowing more about can tell.

Thanks,

vibhor_one

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vibhor_one
    Hi all ,

I have recently faced a new problem, that is if i download any video file(just as .mpeg, .wmv, etc.) from internet, it gets downloaded but i am unable to acess after i disconnect my internet. Sometimes i found it in the user folder that is "internet tempory folders" but othertimes i am helpless to find such files.

I hope that anyone knowing more about can tell.

Thanks,

vibhor_one
    Vibhor, let's try out the simple solution first. I'm assuming that you download the video files using your browser (IE/FireFox). You have to check the default download folder settings. Any file that you download from the internet will go into this folder.

My best guess says that you use Internet Explorer. In that case, the browser should ask you where you want to save the file.

Let me know if this works.

-The Big K-
  • vibhor_one
    vibhor_one
    The_Big_K
    Vibhor, let's try out the simple solution first. I'm assuming that you download the video files using your browser (IE/FireFox). You have to check the default download folder settings. Any file that you download from the internet will go into this folder.

My best guess says that you use Internet Explorer. In that case, the browser should ask you where you want to save the file.

Let me know if this works.

-The Big K-
    Thanks for ur kind attention but it is not working so because while looking in IE folders i got all the setup file but not what i was searching of.

vibhor_one
  • Jerry
    Jerry
    vibhor_one
    Thanks for ur kind attention but it is not working so because while looking in IE folders i got all the setup file but not what i was searching of.

vibhor_one
    I would like to know the steps which you take while downloading the video. Do you use any p2p application? I did not get the concept of 'setup files' which you are talking about. As biggie says, IE should ask you where to save a particular file. Firefox, by default, saves it on the desktop.

Jerry
  • A SudhaKar
    A SudhaKar
    Jerry
    I would like to know the steps which you take while downloading the video. Do you use any p2p application? I did not get the concept of 'setup files' which you are talking about. As biggie says, IE should ask you where to save a particular file. Firefox, by default, saves it on the desktop.

Jerry
    Ya Sure Jerry , Same doubt here too.

IE will surely ask the location to save every time,

Were as in default the FireFox will save in Our Desktop and popup the status too.

Regards,
    -A.SK...
  • vibhor_one
    vibhor_one
    A SudhaKar
    Ya Sure Jerry , Same doubt here too.

IE will surely ask the location to save every time,

Were as in default the FireFox will save in Our Desktop and popup the status too.

Regards,
    -A.SK...
    Thanks for ur kind respose actually i have misinterpreted that these files were setup files, that only two file are showing in the IE folder that is, brnlog.txt & brnlog.bak and not the data what i require.

Regards,

vibhor_one
  • Neha
    Neha
    Well what I think is your file hasn't been downloaded fully coz these files are generated at the time of downloading and once the download is complete, u just get your .mpeg file or watever. So, make sure ur file has been downloaded fully.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Neha
    Well what I think is your file hasn't been downloaded fully coz these files are generated at the time of downloading and once the download is complete, u just get your .mpeg file or watever. So, make sure ur file has been downloaded fully.
    I agree with Neha. In IE, if you abort the download, you won't see anything in your download directory.

I think you should write all the steps you do while downloading. Also, do you use any file sharing program to download the content?

-The Big K-
  • vibhor_one
    vibhor_one
    The_Big_K
    I agree with Neha. In IE, if you abort the download, you won't see anything in your download directory.

I think you should write all the steps you do while downloading. Also, do you use any file sharing program to download the content?

-The Big K-
    Thanks Big K,

I was surprised with your co-operation you put on me to solve my problem. Thanks to you all , I finally got it in IE only in the folder of INTERNET TEMPORARY FILES, in the CONTENT.IE5 folder were all the (.jpeg, .bmp, .mpeg, .wmv etc,) files were there.

Thanks once again.

vibhor_one
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vibhor_one
    Thanks Big K,

I was surprised with your co-operation you put on me to solve my problem. Thanks to you all , I finally got it in IE only in the folder of INTERNET TEMPORARY FILES, in the CONTENT.IE5 folder were all the (.jpeg, .bmp, .mpeg, .wmv etc,) files were there.

Thanks once again.

vibhor_one
    Good to know that you were successful in locating the files. ๐Ÿ˜€ . Don't be surprized by anything, we all are CEans .

Now don't forget to help other CEans on CE. ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello everybody This is a nice intiative by you all. I hope this website will b more informative than gud old class lecture. navin
CEans! Today is a special day! Let us celebrate our seniormost CEan's Birthday! Many HaPpy Returns Of The Day, Mr. Bilco! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ -The Big K-
My in build graphics card with motherboard had having a problem ...may be the driver is corrupted , can i found the driver in internet ??
Can i know how to bypassed the server through a proxy server ???
hi all I think Quality Assurance has now become more than a subject. All automotive industries expect this in all engineers, let it be mechanical or electrical or an Software...