How to increase page loading speed?

Question asked by Mike Linz in #SEO on Jan 7, 2020
Mike Linz
Mike Linz · Jan 7, 2020
Rank E2 - BEGINNER

I recently ran a speed test on the below url: Seniority.in

And came up with the following test results as mentioned in the below link:

PageSpeed Insights 

I was just interested to know as mentioned in the above test results as to whether removing unused CSS would do any good in terms of page loading time and if so what is the procedure to remove unused CSS.

The page loading time of desktop version is pretty good. It is only for the mobile version that it is taking a lot more time to load up the page.

Any help in this regards would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks  

Posted in: #SEO
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Jan 7, 2020
Rank A1 - PRO

Mike, removing unused CSS is highly recommended. Looking at your site, my best guess is that you are using Bootstrap 4 and have lot of custom CSS. You should make use of PurgeCSS - a tool that will help you get rid of the unused CSS.

Just run your css through PurgeCSS and it runs through all your HTML file and only keeps the CSS classes that you are using. 

Ambarish Ganesh
Ambarish Ganesh · Jan 7, 2020
Rank B1 - LEADER

Learned something new about improving page speed recently, other than everything else that has been listed. 

Enable the 'Keep Alive' feature, which is off for most websites. Reportedly it reduces the number of pings that go to the server, and significantly improves page loading speed. 

Mike Linz
Mike Linz · Jan 8, 2020
Rank E2 - BEGINNER

Hey thanks a lot guys. Will give your insights to my technical expert.

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Jan 8, 2020
Rank A1 - PRO

Ambarish - where exactly do you see the keep alive feature? Is it host specific? 

Ambarish Ganesh
Ambarish Ganesh · Jan 8, 2020
Rank B1 - LEADER

Keep Alive is not host-specific. Adding this code to .htaccess file should enable the headers-

Tapu goswami
Tapu goswami · Feb 29, 2020
Rank E2 - BEGINNER

To optimize site loading speed you need minify HTML, CSS, JAVA SCRIPT file. Not only that you also have to enable Jzip compression.

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up