How to identify 4G SIM card?

Idea cellular is sending texts announcing the launch of 4G services and I'm willing to give them a try (before the big daddy Reliance Jionet sets its foot). The latest text says that you should get a 4G enabled SIM card and I'm wondering if there's any way to identify a 4G SIM via visual inspection or by dialing any code.

My phone is 4G capable and I want to know if I need to go to Idea cellular outlet to check if the SIM in my phone is already 4G ready? Looking forward to your responses.

Replies

• Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    Read this #-Link-Snipped-# and this #-Link-Snipped-#

And is there any better way than asking customer care? 😁
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks #-Link-Snipped-# . This is the image that explains it all :

medium

Gotta check this on my phone, will do it shortly.
  • lal
    lal
    Any Idea which band shall be used by Idea to launch its 4G services? Heard not all phones support all bands. Especially the 850MHz band.

IIRC, Airtel is launching 4G pan India in the 1800MHz and 2300MHz bands and those are supported by almost all phones.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: Just found out that I've the latest nano-SIM from IDEA and it seems to be of the 200 series; which means it's a 3G SIM.

Gotta go and check with the idea cellular folks whether they have the new 4G SIM cards available 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Quick question: Is the naming convention for 4G and 3G cards followed everywhere in the world? Or is it India specific?
  • Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Quick question: Is the naming convention for 4G and 3G cards followed everywhere in the world? Or is it India specific?
    Quick answer: 😁 I think every country having the same convention as us for the cards. I found this: 3G / 4G / 5G coverage in India - nPerf.com , just check out. If there have separate network (2G, 3G, 4G, in the sense) means, there might be separate cards. But i'm sure about this. I may ask my abroad friends and will update it asap.

~Rude Boy

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

MIT engineers have devised the thinnest ever solar cell which is as light as a soap bubble! This breakthrough achievement might completely revolutionize the contemporary trend of miniaturizing technology. In...
Dr Matthew Philips and his team from the HRL laboratories has successfully incorporated brain activity patterns of commercial and military pilots inside a novice test subject, having little idea regarding...
Professor Hoi-Jun Yoo and with his team from the Electrical Engineering Department of the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) is set to launch the latest version of...
A group of Scientists from the CSIRO, Australia and the National Astronomical Observatory in Japan has finally tracked down a ‘fast radio burst’, which is an impulse of radio waves...
Is there any advantage of clearing GATE after completing M.tech?