How To Head To ARM Core ?

I have knowledge of 8085 & 8051. I know C too.
I have read Assembly Programming step by step & Linux programming in x86 system, which i miserably failed to understand last 4-5 chapters.
I am interested in ARM Core & Embedded Linux, I don't know where to start with.
Please suggest me nice book which helps me to learn all concepts of ARM & Embedded Linux.Let's say I wanna start ARM & Embedded Linux from scratch --- Help please ? 😕

EDIT : Also do suggest me some good OpenSource ARM Cortex IDE (With board & without board)

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    We prefer Opensource GCC with Eclipse for ARM firmware compilation.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    godfather
    We prefer Opensource GCC with Eclipse for ARM firmware compilation.
    I have used gcc for everything.
    I find Codeblocks better than Eclipse for C & C++,don't know about ARM.though.
    Any book available from which I can understand ARM core in deep ?
    I found one pdf on ARM Cortex M3,should I start reading it or I need some knowledge before I start with it ?
    PS : Suggest me one bloody good book on Embedded Linux & ARM Core.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Troll_So_Hard
    I have used gcc for everything.
    I find Codeblocks better than Eclipse for C & C++,don't know about ARM.though.
    Any book available from which I can understand ARM core in deep ?
    I found one pdf on ARM Cortex M3,should I start reading it or I need some knowledge before I start with it ?
    PS : Suggest me one bloody good book on Embedded Linux & ARM Core.
    Well I started working on ARM without any knowledge just 8051 knowledge is enough to start. Yes but basic reading will be helpful in future.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    godfather
    Well I started working on ARM without any knowledge just 8051 knowledge is enough to start. Yes but basic reading will be helpful in future.
    Any suggestion for books ?
  • a.alandkar
    a.alandkar
    Study 8051 from Ayla or Gaonkar. Then go for ARM. Go on ARM site and download manual of ARM
  • dossdss
    dossdss
    Troll_So_Hard
    I have knowledge of 8085 & 8051. I know C too.
    I have read Assembly Programming step by step & Linux programming in x86 system, which i miserably failed to understand last 4-5 chapters.
    I am interested in ARM Core & Embedded Linux, I don't know where to start with.
    Please suggest me nice book which helps me to learn all concepts of ARM & Embedded Linux.Let's say I wanna start ARM & Embedded Linux from scratch --- Help please ? 😕

EDIT : Also do suggest me some good OpenSource ARM Cortex IDE (With board & without board)
    go to
    Hitex: Start

you will get good stuff for head-starting of ARM.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear Friends, as you may know that we are wrapping up with Intel Perceptual computing challenge 2013, the million dollar contest that is rocking around. As there are no webcast...
Hi just browsed through a video where small companies have come with innovative ideas to provide low cost pick and place mechanisms for bread and bakery industry. The bread which...
Write a code of bisection method in matlab.Here a function named ammaraziz is present. i want to modify this code such that the programme requests user to...
I had a liking to know about magnetic beds. And also want to know if they are safe to use them. If they are using sames poles to repel each...
Folks, i've often wondered why we still use bikes with gear shifters on the foot side. In this fast moving world, doesn't that seem to slow things down? Why not...