How to get/set data from/to a computer game?

For example, I somehow connected a device to my computer and it has some inputs and outputs on it (like buttons, lights etc.).
Assume this device has a dll or sth. like that for software developers.

How can I, for example, get the velocity value of my car in need for speed to change the lights on my device?
Or, how can I use the buttons to set the camera angle (not standart camera positions that the game allows with a key (like 'C') but I want to change the x,y,z of the camera and x,y,z of the camera target.)?

The device and need for speed are just examples but I want to get some data from a game and set some values to the game (by force).

Maybe some day I build a better device than keyboard and mouse (or wheel) 😀

Is it possible? How should I search for it? Where should I start?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends,i am karan bajaj,a 3rd year student of electronics and communication engg....i just want that admin of this site or people over here shud help me or suggest me...
i want to know the future in the software testing
Premier management institute Indian Institute of Management-Calcutta (IIM-C) has decided to raise fees for its flagship two-year post-graduate diploma in management programme by 50 per cent from Rs 9 lakh...
Red Bull's Mark Webber overcame hazardous wet weather to take pole position for the Malaysian Grand Prix. The Australian switched from wet tyres to intermediates in drying conditions for the...
can any one solve my problem. whenever i start my PC it shows an error message that, "Primary Master Hard Disk error". What does it mean?? does it mean that...