How to get government funding for startup in India?

Have you noticed the start-up surge in the last 10 years? Of course, you know how once a startup leader now bears the tag of a celebrity and every bit of innovation wave that greatly tackled our rising and falling economy ultimately instigated a pool of people to start their own companies. And India has seen a lot of new businesses, trying to catch the attention of billions. However, what is the biggest problem that Indian startups face the most? The crown goes to the one and only, "Funding". Lack of funding and support is something enough to kill a plan in its first stage. Solution? Thanks to Indian Govt.'s #startupindia initiative that has rectified the statistics to a great extent.

I am trying to make a list of such govt. fundings for fellow engineers and also for future "me", in case it's required. All the opportunities are not direct but it definitely gives an economical support

List of Govt. funding opportunities that I am aware of:

1. Funding support through a fund of funds with a Corpus of Rs. 10,000 crore: The govt. has set up a yearly fund with an initial corpus of INR 2,500 crore and a total corpus of INR 10,000 crore over a period of 4 years which will not be directly invested to startups but will be used as the capital of SEBI registered Venture Funds. An exhaustive list of SEBI registered funds are available in #-Link-Snipped-#.

2. Micro Units Development and Startup Agency (MUDRA) Yojna: Initially started with a Rs. 20,000 crore to push 10 lakhs SMEs, this needs you to send your business proposal. Once approved, you will receive a MUDRA card, similar to a credit card which can be used in buying raw materials. You can be eligible for Shishu, Kishor, and Tarun, these three kinds of loans. For more, try searching Offerings.

3. State-based funds: Depending on your company location you may be eligible for this fund.
# Funding – Startup
# #-Link-Snipped-#
# #-Link-Snipped-#
# Kickstarter Fund
# iStart Rajasthan - Integrated Startup Platforms for StartUps in Rajasthan

4. SIDBI: The organization is formed to flourish micro, small and medium-scale enterprises. Check out their #-Link-Snipped-# to find out more.

Other supportive initiatives must include #-Link-Snipped-# by NASSCOM.

Do you know some more? Don't forget to add them in the comments section below. Tell us how to to get some govt. funds for startups?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

You're invited to a free interactive web workshop this January 17th on using Simpleware software for going from 3D image data (CT, MRI...) to models for CAD, CAE, and 3D...
I'm using a wifi module, which will send two random numbers (say R1, R2) to the cloud (say Google firebase) and it should perform a basic mathematical operation on another...
Hi All Hope every1 is doing good 😀 I have got 935 Rank (A+B+C) in CDAC. I have got Mumbai-TICA for PD-DVLSI course in 1st round of counseling. But I...
I am a second year mechanical engineering student looking for a internship or training programme this summer that is after my second year possibly in a metropolitan city like jaipur,bombay,banglore...
Earlier one needs to have a good in-depth knowledge of the subject, whether it is telephone systems, TCP/IP protocol, Operating systems, Network topology and Services along with a very good...