1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

How to get a job in core field when the company hr don't even open email.

Question asked by Dinesh nath in #Career Help on Nov 23, 2019
Dinesh nath
Dinesh nath · Nov 23, 2019
Rank E1 - BEGINNER

why none need a civil engineer?

I have applied to 350+ core company and none even reply it if that company is from India. everyone trying to show professionalism but they really ain't.

Posted in: #Career Help
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Nov 24, 2019
Rank A1 - PRO

This is because the companies get 100s of emails from job seekers and it's not practical for them to respond to every job applicant. Also, there are several assumptions here - the biggest one being that the companies are actually, actively looking to hire an engineer with background, experience and skills similar to yours. 

There are ways to get a job in the core field - by actively building your skills-set to match that of the companies that hire engineers. I'm making an assumption that you are a fresh engineering grad. Is there anything in your resume that'd make the recruiters actually look at your profile seriously and consider responding to you? 

I'm suggesting that you should keep an eye on the company job pages - and make sure that you've the matching skill-set. Companies often organize walk-in interviews or recruitment drives to hire engineers. You need to tap into that opportunity. 

There are unconventional ways too - you could leverage your college's alumni portal to find key contacts in the companies who'd be willing to refer you to some jobs. Then there are placement agencies who do all the prepwork for you and guide you through the jobs. 

Perhaps, your resume might need an upgrade to highlight the skills/experience that you may have in the relevant field.

When recruiters receive 100s of resumes; all they do is just look at the resume and decide whether to read it or not depending upon the first appearance of the resume. I know it's not the right way to do screening; but this actually happens. You need to figure out a way to beat the system. Maybe try building an impressive resume - if you've already acquired relevant skills and expertise. 

I hope this helps. If you have follow-up questions; post them below. I wish you all the best.

Abhishek Rawal
Abhishek Rawal · Nov 24, 2019
Rank A2 - PRO

@Dinesh nath Have you tried to contact HR via LinkedIn or e-mail ? I usually look at job portal just to find SPOC HR, then contact that HR via LinkedIn. Works most of the time.

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up