How To Get A Job At Google

For software & IT engineers, Google is the dream company to work for. And why not? Google has been leading the innovation on the Internet for many years now. In addition, Google is known for their awesome campuses, free food for all employees and perks that make your friends jealous. But it's very tough to get into Google. The interview process comprises of several 'elimination stages' and you also need to be an expert in the domain. Following are few tips on getting selected in Google -

[video=youtube;UXL0KxH9GlY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXL0KxH9GlY&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The summary of the points is as follows -

1. Be smart.
2. Even if you are not a CS engineer, have a great understanding of how computers work.
3. Be good in college exams. Good SAT score and GPA are must haves.
4. Belong to a prestigious school as Google loves to hire from top ranked engineering colleges.
5. Do something extraordinary.

So, how many of you want to get a job in Google.

Replies

• optimystix
    optimystix
    hehe..am out of contention as I do not fulfil most of the pre-requisites 😛
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    optimystix
    hehe..am out of contention as I do not fulfil most of the pre-requisites 😛
    I'm guessing the criteria for getting into CE Team (once we start full time hiring) will be to demonstrate your abilities and get in. No degree required, no certificates asked for, no prior experience necessary. 😀
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    waiting for it to roll in 😀
  • jigneshthegreat
    jigneshthegreat
    i m doing comp engineering from vjti, mumbai. can i get in google???
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Looking at the video, yes you can Jignesh 😀 . Just do some really different* projects and you can easily make it. 😀 God bless you. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Team from Delft University of Technology and Philips Research in the Netherlands decided to take a look at how people actually want their robot vacuums to behave, and what kinds...
Nanowire Based Sensor Boosts Volatile Organic Matter Detection - CrazyEngineers “Semiconductor Nano-Conductor ON Time Can Be Increased” – Penn Scientists - CrazyEngineers Possessed Hands For Musicians - CrazyEngineers UIDAI “AADHAR”...
[video=youtube;P_BBE-ggjrs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_BBE-ggjrs&feature=related[/video]
The speed dial feature on the new tab page has long offered quick access to favorite websites and it can now do even more. Opera extensions can now tie into...
Opera Link makes it possible to keep bookmarks, history, speed dials, notes, and search engines synchronized across multiple machines. This is great for those who may have a desktop at...