How to get a good job in IT? What is now in demand guys?

If you can nail any workflow with Drupal, you generally get paid $350 an hour! But the question is can you?
If you can write a stored procedure for about any query remotely having anything to do with banking you absolutely reach that benchmark.

If you cant, learn finding fault in any software, or website you come across. Document the bugs. Learn about version, sub version, centralized and decentralized version control and be paid handsomely as a tester.

If you cant find a Fault, learn to argue smoothly and write that amazing Email which makes fool out of client and prove them naive and get paid as team lead.

If you have flair for design, learn CSS, design themes. Companies do pay you well.

If your father happens to be a businessman and you know a little bit about accounting, why not learn SAP fico and enjoy your status as Financial Consultant?

If you are a social media freak, social media Ads and campaign are for you. Graphics, a little java script, analytic skill is what you want.

If you can write 'OK' sort of programs in .Net and Java, you can start looking for companies, that builds products for SME.

If your father have bought you a good Galaxy sIII and you spend your time downloading Apps and you happen to remotely know java, try your hands in developing mobile apps.

If you have got that dream offer letter in your campus, then you have 18 months of time. Be glued to facebook and dont do anything. ( You need to live your life before you start with job right?)
If you are an IITan, You will never read this. But if are reading this, you must be reading this out of curiosity to know how is job market outside IIT and must be proud of your stature of being one of the hottest 'Employee brand' of the world. ( I leave out Mr. Bioramani out of this)
If you happen to be a Mechanical or Civil or a Chemical Engineer, you must have already secured a Campus Placement in IT right? If you have then you will be probably be told by your company to improve programming skills 😀D) . If you have not, you fall in following category.

If you do not know, what you know than do a Networking Course and find a decent Job in Network Team.

If you cant do any of this, do M. Tech, become lecturer. You will atleast have a job!

If you dont like studying any more and have just completed your BE in your 8th Anniversary of Joining Engineering, then dont waste your time. Prepare for Government Job. You have the best opportunity to be a BSNL JE. 🎉

If you can do all the above, then why the hell are you looking for a job? Its time for your own startup.😁

I have shamelessly copy pasted, most of the contents of this post from the contents from my site! Because after all I needed to show you the best way of getting a job. "Copy Paste"

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Except for the last line, I'd agree with all of what you've said. There's a potential in each one of us; but we fail to realise it. But we seldom open ourselves to newer ideas.

One big reason for the change in the attitude of engineering students is that it's become very easy to get a job once you're in good-name engineering college. That leaves you with 'nothing' to explore about your own self. All you have to do is get a few 'guides' and 'notes' study them, reproduce them in exams and then a big IT company comes and offers you a 'package'. Life's all set!

I've even found out that no-one really 'cares' about their career anymore. People tend to believe that 'this is my destiny' and what can I do? I rarely find anyone who's got an aim and is following it dedicatedly and passionately.

Entrepreneurship is still a faraway dream. I firmly believe that entrepreneurs are 'born', not 'made'.
  • Indrajeet Roy
    Indrajeet Roy
    If you can write 'OK' sort of programs in .Net and Java, you can start looking for companies, that builds products for SME.
    I believe I can write "OK" sort of programs in VB.Net ( Self learned through forums of various kinds ). Could you explain what you mean by the quote above?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how virtual box works? in which language it is coded.
So, we've a new commercial from Samsung and that's taking a direct hit at Apple's brand new iPhone 5. I like the commercial because Samsung's clearly opened a salvo against...
How to use datatables in jquery????? plz dont give copy paste material from internet.....
Hey guys..... I am about to start working on STAAD PRO V8i.....so can anyone help me to learn this software or can provide me tutorials regarding this in PDF format....
B.Sc.(PCM) (1970) from DS College Aligarh(Agra University Agra, India), worked as Jr. Engineer I O& Maintenance (PC X-Bar) Telephone Exchange Switches (1978-1974), Sub Div. Engr (AXE-10) Exchange I, O&M (1995-2006)...