How to fix the issue of LEDs frequent blinking

We are replacing CFL lights with LED. It is expected that LEDs have longer life times. However we are facing frequent issues with LEDs such as blinking. The vendors give only 2 yr warranty with life time 30,000 hrs to 50,000 hrs. However we are not able to resolve the issue of blinking of LEDs. Could any one guide me on this to find what is the cause of blinking. Is it a LED driver issue ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

I've seen this issue in the parking lot of my apartment and I enquired. Though not convincing, I was informed that the driver component of the LED bulb gets affected by the voltage spikes. 

I'm not sure about the exact cause of this, and curious to know. Let's see if someone knows. 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Fluctuations in voltage or frequency can cause flicker in LED lighting. Low cost unbranded LED lamps seem to be particularly susceptible. I have both in my house. The known high end brand has not failed while the low cost ones supplied by the electricity board failed often. I am replacing the failed ones with the more expensive branded products, which are fine in the same duty.

I know that we have considerable fluctuations because I check the voltage with a digital meter.

• Addy smith
    Addy smith

There can be many causes behind the blinking of Lights. For example, Loose light plug, Faulty light, Sensory overload on a circuit and Voltage fluctuations.

• vijay gk
    vijay gk

I would like to get some leads who can do customized LEDs (Linear lighting kind of...). Please let me know who can do in and around bangalore

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

TCS is conducting TCS National Qualifier Test 2018 on 2nd and 3rd September. The registration is already on and there seems to be lot of confusion among the engineering students....
Hi all,I'm working on a device which greatly resembles an e-brake handle. The user grabs the handle, pulls it up, and cannot push it back down unless a release of...
I have completed my graduation in 2017 and have 1 year of experience in Android application development. Should I join PGDAC course. Will I get enough calls for placements. Will...
I want to do a project on current problems. Anyone have any good project idea please mention.
Here's a quick explanation of the difference between vibration sensors