How to enable / configure IMAP in Outlook.com?

Outlooks.com team has announced IMAP support for the service. The Microsoft team officially declared the popular IMAP support is now being added to Outlook.com, which until now offered POP service. The service had Exchange ActiveSync aka EAS support but IMAP was missing from the scene. IMAP continues to be one of the most popular protocol for email applications with the mail server.

I checked in my Outlook.com account, but couldn't locate the IMAP settings. Either Microsoft is rolling out the support in phases or it is yet to launch it. If anyone of you gets their account updated with IMAP support, please post a short guide. I'll keep an eye on my account create a short tutorial myself.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I’m currently working on a project using sensor, microcontroller and relay. I was planning to use Arduino current sensor in circuit to detect its current usage and send it...
Someone was arguing me that we can not write 'anything we want' in catch block !! Is it so ? Are there any limitations on the code that we put...
Ashok Leyland has launched it’s all new BOSS range intermediate commercial vehicles today. It’s essentially a Ashok Leyland badged AVIA trucks. Avia is nothing but a Czech truck brand and...
Patexia is hosting a new microprocessor patent study. We are offering a prize pool of $10,000 for qualified submissions. You can view the contest here: https://bit.ly/15YHgaE
I would like to record few videos of the gameplay. Can anyone tell me, how to do it ?