How to design steam turbine on mini scale?

i am working on miniature model of steam power plant for laboratory purpose, so that students will get an idea about how actually steam power plant works.But it's becoming very difficult to fabricate steam turbine.I have selected impulse turbine (pelton wheel) for this.Can anybody tell me about this turbine's blade fabrication & overall design aspects??

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    Impulse turbine i guess works best as a hydraulic turbine. it is of an open conduit type.

an impulse turbine as a hydraulic turbine, needs very high head of water, to work. maybe i guess you will have to go for a turbine with a closed conduit, i.e a reaction turbine or franscis turbine.

as for the design aspects, you need to specify the number of stages of the turbine, as well as the steam inlet pressure.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Is your aim to show a demo that steam can rotate a wheel or do you want actual power produced?
  • priyesh_kolte
    priyesh_kolte
    i want actual power produced, no matter how small it will be.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Steam can scald. Boilers can burst. Flame can spread. This is a serious activity. Be aware of all hazards involved.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I want to join two L-angles one across each other with rivets.My problem is while placing one across each other L-angles gets overlapped so here at this zone thickness...
sir , i was studying hydraulics ,a bit problem i was facing .will you please suggest me best book for hydraulics which will be benificial.thank you
Hey guys need some help to design a basic PLCC system in order to transfer some audio signals over a 230 v 50 hz power line. Any ideas how to...
I am unable to ping https://extensions.gnome.org/ Can anyone check it out & inform me Asap ? Thank you 😀
um... Wen a human or any living thng dies v find its death age by carbon dating..... What if a person is alive bt he doesnt knw his age no...