How to decrypt code encypted using MD5 ?

Today i was studying MD5 algorithm.I have developed a program that will encrypt any code ie previously in text form

But Now problem is ,Since MD5 is one way ie once the code is encrypted it can't be converted into original form.

So Is it possible to decrypt that code into its original form?

Replies

• vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Its not possible, md5 or other similar algorithm like sha1 , sha2, sha512 generate hash values (message digest) which is not an encrypted form of the actual message. Its just a unique identifier for the message. Any slight change in the message will change the digest. Its used for authentication purposes.
    As 500/2 = 250 . If given 250, we can't calculate back the previous no.s . Similar case occurs in md5 but the process is too complex, its not as simple as the given example.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    But on internet .I have seen many software that are available to regenerate the message
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    I have seen them too & I know what they do. The don't decrypt the message, its not possible. They just manage a database of md5 of common words, when they match with your md5 query, they just show you the original word . You try on your own, first try to decrypt a md5 of junk characters like erfddfgffd & after that try another md5 for an simple word like boy. Definitely the site will fail to decrypt the first message & easily decrypt the second one. First you need md5 of both these words, you will find similar applications for generating the md5 of these words in internet.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    thanks for clarification
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Well, I beg to differ.
    Although it's not foolproof, there are ways of decrypting MD5 encryption. It's actually similar to having a database of known hashes, but you cant possibly have a database of all possible inputs.

So, we use something called Hash Chains. Another concept called Rainbow Tables can also be used. It's too difficult to explain those concepts here. So, just google them and read about them. It's not too difficult.
    You are welcome to ask any doubts regarding the same. They are very interesting, actually.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    I have studied the actual process of md5, message digest created from it doesn't contain information of the data but information about the data. You create digest of data of any length it will always create a digest of 128 bytes so where is the information stored, there is no information regarding the content but about the content so that it can be uniquely identified. And matching the hash value from a database & returning the original plain text is not actually decryption (its cracking the hash somehow) which I have already said in the previous post. Rainbow tables does the similar thing in smart & fast manner.
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    Oops!
    Its not possible!
    You can also try SHA1 it generates 32 Digit and its newer and stronger than MD5
  • Andrei13
    Andrei13
    Well you can't decrypt it directly. Md5 it's one way hash function. But there are some limited choices, like a huge database with md5 decrypted strings. You can try this Md5 decrypter tool #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Leo
    Leo
    Damn smart replies guyz.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We published following posts on VoiCE during the last week. - 6 Formal Email Writing Tips For Engineering Students - CrazyEngineers Do You Know Why We Remove Links To Ebooks...
Meeting entrepreneurs and listening to their plans is something I love to do. I've met lot of wannabe entrepreneurs in recent times who wanted some advise on how to get...
Today e-payment has gain more popularity than previous years ,which makes the life much more easier But there are many threats that it generally suffers,Hackers always find new methods to...
Phishing is one of the most common attack used by hackers to hack someone's personal information like credit card no's .Most of us know how to detect phishing ,If not...
Hello Ceans! I'm Nima from Nagpur, Maharashtra. Hope I prove to be useful to CE.๐Ÿ˜