How to create new database in SQl server 2008 express edition

I am learning visual studio 2008 . I want to join my project with sql server 2008(Specifically not any other like oracle or mysql ) . Firstly I want to create database name "Library " but when i open SQl server Management studio it opens but it opens one more small windows it says connect to server. but I run it on my home pc as I want to study so when I connecet it with my pc and I open database file which already written by some one else it shows me Message
"Unhandled exception has occred in a component in your application. If you click countinue .the application will ignore error and attempt to countinue .
Object reference not set to an instance of an object." ๐Ÿ˜’

well, this was when I try to run new script. ๐Ÿ˜’

But I want to create new database and make tables and records of my own on SQL server can any one give me steps or links which help me.

Replies

• sookie
    sookie
    Hi safwan,

Assuming your setup and installation process was done successfully. Please check if you are looking for following links :

#-Link-Snipped-#

SQL Server Tutorial

#-Link-Snipped-#
    For Installation -> Installing Microsoft SQL 2008 Express Edition
    Hope can be of any help.
    Thanks !
  • safwan
    safwan
    well, still I get problems Why I dont get SQL command line in SQL srver 2008 express like ORacle 10g. I have already installed it .when I start Microsoft Sqlserver Management studio and try to connect it its ask me server name i dont run any server but I just type my pc name still its shows error in connection and big message.
  • safwan
    safwan
    I searched on MSDN but still its not appropriate on it .
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Connecting to server
    There is an authentication in authentication there are 2 types
    1) SQL server authentication
    2) Windows authentication
    This is set to windows authentication
    There are 2 tabs on the connect to server dialog box : the login tab and the Connection Properties tab
    To view the conn. Properties tab click the Option button. Use the connection properties tab to input authentication credentials and server name
    if your PC name is Home then Server name will be HOME\SQLEXPRESS
    I think it will help you And also
    For Installation Guide #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Otherwise you also Try This:-
    To connect to your SQL 2008 database using SQL Server Management Studio, follow the steps listed below:

Open SQL Server Management Studio, the "Connect to Server" window will open. Select/enter the following:

• Server Type: Database Engine
    • Server Name: [The SQL server name found in Control panal]
    • Authentication: SQL Server Authentication
    • Login: [SQL 2008 Login name]
    • Password: [SQL 2008 Password]
    Click "connect" and you will be connected to the SQL 2008 server.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi frnds dis is ashanka i m in final year EEE. i m searching for a nice project idea. preferably based on DSP /embedded sys/microcontroller/control sys. pllleeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzz ....... thank u.๐Ÿ˜€
Here is a link to pictures and in car video from Saturday's autocross. Had another event on Sunday (no pics sorry) and at that race I proudly wore my CE...
i'm a final yr engg student. I'm gonna do a project in digaital image processing. But basic ideas about the terms like dilation and contour techinque are very tuff. I...
am looking for a small project using VB platform ...can anyone just give me any idea
Hi Sahithi, Many many happy returns of the day!! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜