How to create Additional Domain Controller

How to create ADC in WINDOWS SERVER 2008 & how it work?
what we have is two domain controller. Primary (PDC) and additional (ADC) domain controller. but suppose for some unforeseen reason the primary domain controller is down or unplugged, the user is unable to log onto the additional domain controller.

Can anyone help me on how to configure the user to be able to log on the ADC??

Replies

• gandhi vishrut
    gandhi vishrut
    to add a domain controller u will have to create a new server and add active directory..for windows server 2008 add roles...active directory domain services(ADDS),...go to command prompt type dcpromo...a dialogue box will open click next..select existing forest and click add another domain controller in the same forest..the first option...write ur first domain controller name...set credentials of tht server(the main domain controller)..thn next next as other domain controllers installation ..simple...
  • prashpan
    prashpan
    gandhi vishrut
    to add a domain controller u will have to create a new server and add active directory..for windows server 2008 add roles...active directory domain services(ADDS),...go to command prompt type dcpromo...a dialogue box will open click next..select existing forest and click add another domain controller in the same forest..the first option...write ur first domain controller name...set credentials of tht server(the main domain controller)..thn next next as other domain controllers installation ..simple...
    thank you. i did all the things that you have mentioned.
    the problem that i am facing is when i create a user in primary domain, it is automatically created in ADC.
    But when i unplug the network cable of PDC the user is unable to log in ADC.
    How to solve this???
  • gandhi vishrut
    gandhi vishrut
    The most imp thing while adding a ADC is ur DNS service, so make sure ur ADC is also running a DNS as a secondary DNS server or else users wont b able to login to the server

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Vaibhav Nagariya Engineering Trade: IT Location: Vadodara Occupation: System Admin @ Induface Work Experience: Almost 2 years Aim in life: To be IS Consultant I joined CrazyEngineers because: I...
Hello forum, Halong bay cruise-Princess junk Halong bay-Mekong Bassac Cruise My name is Kirk, and I am newbie here. I found this forum community. I thought that i should introduce...
Main components in a computer system​–Hardware​–Software​–Firmware​what does firmware mean
Special Purpose Registers​–The special purpose registers are used by the CPU for temporary storage of data for calculations and other purposes.​–Ex.:​•MAR​•MBR​•IR​•PC​Here, I just want to know about​MAR,MBR,IR,PC in detail​ ​
Can any one tell what method ( other than Nitrogen freezing ) can be used to detect oil leakages in underground oil filled transmission lines of 132 KV?​