How to create a dial up connection in ubuntu?

hi friend's
after viewing some thread on CE i decided to instal ubuntu and i done it.
but i unable to understand how to create a dail up connection with my nokia mobile.
i want to know that can i use nokia pc suit(exe file) of window to get connected if yes then how.
biggie said in some thread that "if you wish to Run your Windows programs; then there's WINE that lets your run them from within uBuntu" but i dont know what is a WINE is it a software or a option in ubuntu.
😒

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Take some time to get familiar with uBuntu's interface. I'm assuming you're using uBuntu 10.04 LTS. Follow this link: #-Link-Snipped-#

Don't give up if things don't work right away. It takes some time to understand how uBuntu works. But once you're through that phase, everything will work like charm.
  • tashirosgt
    tashirosgt
    That page is dated 2006. When I was fooling around with Ubuntu last year (whatever the latest Ubuntu version was at that time) no "Modem Connection" entry appeared on the network administration tab. I was using an external serial modem, which is the simplest modem to use on most Linux distributions. I never did figure out how to get a dial-up to work in Ubuntu.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I remember I had setup dial-up in uBuntu. But that was long ago and I don't have that computer/os anymore. Well, I use broadband and uBuntu automatically configures everything for me.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello everyone!!! I just wanna know how to add subtitles to a video.Does any software required to do this.
If any one intends to know how to change to default colour of Surfaces in CATIA from the annoying yellow colour to anyother subtle colours then reply to this post...
hi friend's you all know that window detect our usb drive as a removable media. and when i inserted my own usb drive just for checking out that can i...
Source: Sonic to Acquire DivX -- NOVATO, Calif. and SAN DIEGO, June 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- NOVATO, Calif. and SAN DIEGO, June 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Sonic Solutions® (Nasdaq: SNIC) and DivX,...