How to construct a thermocouple?

can anyone help me how to construct the thermocouple?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think you can find a lot of information by just searching on Google. I found this by simple search -

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    As the name suggests a thermocouple is just a junction of two dissimilar metals. The important thing is that the junction has to involve only the two metals. Making the junction becomes tricky.
    Just twisting the ends of the two wires together will give a working junction, though this may not be mechanically stable.
    Capacitor Discharge welding is a good option. Many are available in the market.
    www.sparkweld.net
    I wired one for my use many decades backs. Worked for years without problem.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Graphene Aerogel is the new world's lightest material created by research team headed by Prof. Gao Chao at Department of Polymer Science and Engineering in China's Zhejiang University. The new...
Bioengineering professor Wentai Liu has developed a bionic eye that uses some sophisticated electronics to fix the retina related problems which may help the blind. The bionic eye is called...
I'm wondering how does indoor GPS work? I'm reading the news that Apple has taken over the control of WiFiSLAM - a startup that offered GPS inside the buildings using...
Here's an interesting debate for everyone who's interested in entrepreneurship, startups and have been following the Indian startups scene. Do you think all the moderately and highly successful companies in...
the following table gives you the length of steel bars in ft. per hollow block installed at specified distances of ver. and hor. bars. The values in the table includes...