How to Choose perfect Linux Distro for you?

Ok folks,

Many of us once, in a lifetime, always wish to try some open source stuff, (I did it too, but then unfortunately have to format.) Nevertheless, I am going for open source Once again, and I hope this time I would not turn back.

So, the first part is deciding which Linux Distro would be good.

And I have found it from a pretty easy test.

Here is what you would actually get in the end.

[​IMG]

The test would give you the list of Linux Distro best suited for you.

So, what are you waiting for?

Go OPEN SOURCE --->>> #-Link-Snipped-#

Don't forget to share your Results !!

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I guess this test only gives the top rated linux distros i.e. Ubuntu,Fedora,Mandriva & OpenSuse.And if you take a look then this website hasn't been updated after 2011.

Honestly speaking, Which Linux distribution gonna fit you will mainly depend on the selection of the Desktop Environment.A Newbie user should start with MATE,Cinnamon or XFCE.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    My Result,
    Screenshot - Tuesday 14 May 2013 - 05:24:08  IST
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It said "Mandriva" to me. I thought the system would suggest uBuntu. Surprising 😀
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Abhishek Rawal
    I guess this test only gives the top rated linux distros i.e. Ubuntu,Fedora,Mandriva & OpenSuse.And if you take a look then this website hasn't been updated after 2011.

Honestly speaking, Which Linux distribution gonna fit you will mainly depend on the selection of the Desktop Environment.A Newbie user should start with MATE,Cinnamon or XFCE.

Woah, there are so many of them...

But I think Ubuntu is the best one, or I should say the most popular one.?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Sanyam Khurana
    Woah, there are so many of them...

But I think Ubuntu is the best one, or I should say the most popular one.?
    I would say more user-friendly,large collection of applications in repository,official Valve's steam support (so gaming is easy) & last but not least : vast community !
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Abhishek Rawal
    I would say more user-friendly,large collection of applications in repository,official Valve's steam support (so gaming is easy) & last but not least : vast community !
    Oh, So you are using Ubuntu?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It said "Mandriva" to me. I thought the system would suggest uBuntu. Surprising 😀
    It would have given you a lot of options with 100% matching result. 😀
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Sanyam Khurana
    Oh, So you are using Ubuntu?
    I have dual-boot : Xubuntu & Fedora 18.
  • oprime
    oprime
    I love Linux Mint. It is a skinned version of Ubuntu.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Blackberry Messenger which caught the spark and spread like wild fire is now spreading its arms into other operating system. Whatsapp which can be used on any platform and...
sir, I need weightage for subject wise for GATE exam...... And what are the Important subjects to practice for GATE exam....? And please tell standrad books to refer for that...
The British Mobile Manufacturer Vertu has finally launched its luxury phone in India which was launched around the globe in February 2013. The company purports that their cellphones are made...
[NOTE: This page is strictly copyrighted to crazyengineers.com and grasshoppernetwork.com. Copying, reusing any content from this page is strictly prohibited. Any violation will draw attention from DMCA. Be advised!] We...
I am getting following error when uploading any file in CE : Note that I have Flash installed, OpenJava Installed : I can view youtube videos & upload videos there....