How to choose a spring: Basics?

Machine Design says: Spring are mechanical devices that store and apply kinetic energy. They’ve been around a long time and continue to play essential roles in a wide range of machines, vehicles, and engineering tools. But with so many different types of springs to choose from, it is important engineers understand what an application will require a spring to do before selecting the best one for that application. They also need to consider how springs will interact with other components. 

StackPath

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why boiler furnace pressure maintained slightly vacuum? Why positive pressure are not recommended?
why Convergent-divergent nozzle has higher expansion ratio
We are designing tricycle capable of carrying 2 passengers....We are using compound gear train and load applied is 200kg how can we calculate torque and effort and also force analysis 
I have two year backs in engineering as i had too many back logs therefore could not clear it at one go.I joined engineering in 2012 and my actual passed...
I have try to connect the bluetooth module to my phone. I have programmed it by using arduino. I am getting the msg of connecting but not getting the msg...