How to buy Xiaomi Mi3 from Flipkart before it's sold out?

About 20,000 new Xiaomi Mi3 phones will go on sale on Flipkart tomorrow and over 100,000 potential buyers have already registered to buy the phone. Last few sales saw unprecedented response, with the batch getting sold out in just 2-3 seconds. I was wondering if there's any definitive guide to making your purchase before the phone gets sold out.

One strategy I was told is to log in to Flipkart through their mobile app. It continues to work even when the website goes down under heavy traffic. Has anyone tried this technique?

Replies

• avii
    avii
    ^it doesn't work (or may not work)

- get registered for the sale
    - hope you see the phone in cart
    - if not, you get it next time

however, if you thought you can outsmart FK and tried to register for multiple times, then you are not gonna get Xiaomi. very unlikely. There are many ways to track whether its same user or not:

- IP
    - cookies
    - flash cookies
    - matching IP with earlier transactions etc

and people who had registered for earlier sale missed the chance, have high probability of getting it next time.

FK has a fraud detection system, cos people are buying it for 12-14k on Flipkart and selling it on OLX for 16-18K. Apparently, their system ain't perfect and they end up pissing off genuine customers also.

tldr; there are no tricks afaik, just hope to get the phone. All the best.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, I'm only talking about buying just one phone; and not buying multiple phones to sell them on eBay later. Most of the users are likely to be logged on the the desktop version of the site and I was thinking if logging in via an app would be a better option - because it's likely to work even when the web version goes down.
  • avii
    avii
    ^if the mobile is added to your cart, then it doesn't matter.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A lot of members are requesting XL sized t-shirts. Unfortunately XL sized t-shirts are all sold out. The only size available as of now is S, M and L. Those...
intelloCut, an enterprise material management system is a product of Threadsol Softwares Pvt. Ltd., founded by Manasij Ganguli, Mausmi Ambastha, Abhishek Srivastava and BratishGoswami in the year 2012. Threadsol Softwares...
New research at Tel Aviv University (Israel) might just take out the 'heroism' out of being a hacker or a cracker. A team of researchers has developed a technique that...
In no way I'm against raising funds for the ALS; but I simply don't understand the stupidity in wasting huge amounts of water just for the heck of it. If...
How does the transistor work? P.S. :We are dealing with normal operation of the transistor for this expalnation 1. The process of applying dc voltages across different terminals of the...