CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@fisfiseani • 18 Aug, 2012
Dear All,
I have one Assembly Language programme which i want to load in micro-controller IC(89C51),what is the procedure for that?
@Abhishek Rawal • 18 Aug, 2012 You will need a compiler named Keil. In Keil, .asm file is to be converted in .hex; down there in Keil software there is button "compile/build" .. if program is bug free then it will proceed to .hex file. (note: you need to enable generate hex file in options)

You can get .hex direct from C, converted .asm is pretty boring .... so C is more suitable than Assembly language, now-a-days. You know it saves loads of time. plus length of assembly language programs are more than C program.

In the end after converting your program in .hex file, you will need IC loader to load the IC with your desired program.

the image below will clear out your doubts.
Screenshot
@Harshad Italiya • 18 Aug, 2012 • 1 like Additional Reply.... You need Programmer to load that hex file into microcontroller. Some Chip supports Serial. In that case you can use flash Magic and Serial port of your PC.
4k views

Related Posts

@Saijayadeep · Dec 23, 2013

Hello CEans,One or the other time we come across good websites to practice aptitude,verbal,English and generally asked competitive questions(Written Test)..shall we make a list of the websites that will help...
39.7k views

@Ankita Katdare · May 14, 2014

Huawei has launched 3 new phones - Huawei Ascend G6, Ascend G750 and Honor 3C in India today. The phones run on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system and offer...
1.8k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jan 17, 2013

A large number of engineers apply for the GATE (Full Form: Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering) exam for the M.Tech studies every year. The big fight is for getting admission...
55.5k views

@Abhishek Rawal · Jul 11, 2014

If someone uninstalls whatsapp, name of the contact doesn't appear in the 'All contacts' ?Consider my friend has total 10 contacts showing up in whatsapp including me. Now I have...
285.4k views

@gopaldeshpande · Jun 6, 2012

why is pile foundation preffered to an open footing foundation for a residential building even when hard rock strata is available at a depth of about 6 to 7 metres...
2k views