How to be a good chemical engineer?

bioramni please what do you need be a good chemical engineering

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've removed #-Link-Snipped-# reference from the title and tagged him in this thread. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Being a good chemical engineer is the same as being a good engineer, or good anything.
    While you are studying chemical engineering you get fascinated by the multidisciplinary nature of the subject.

It is not engineering applied to chemistry. It is a heady mix of mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, civil and operations and process engineering. Some of the basic concepts seem abstruse. It is important to get to the bottom of these, as they are very important in the practice of chemical engineering. Never assume that a hand book or the internet will give you the formulae and that you do not have to slog. Concepts must become second nature. Details you can always get from published sources.

Usually the actual practice of chemical engineering can be arduous. At project stage, remote locations, difficult living conditions and at times even hazardous activities are the rule. Even in established activities, a hands on ChemE has stained hands and acid eaten overalls. You enjoy it.

The basic rule is the same for any endeavour. One has to be passionate about what one does, whether one is designing an oil refinery or climbing a mountain. Being good is just a matter of how much that means to you.
  • hoangvu1511
    hoangvu1511
    So. That make Chemical engineer isn't easy also isn't difficult. However, matter at these is a person can interesting for field which them liked
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    hoangvu1511
    So. That make Chemical engineer isn't easy also isn't difficult. However, matter at these is a person can interesting for field which them liked
    All engineers are made because of interest and nothing else
  • rajendrak_singh
    rajendrak_singh
    It is the passion which matters. Regular study and creativity in your work really matter
    Rajendra
  • diksha12
    diksha12
    Chemical Branch is a very good branch but There are very less engineering colleges who offers the B.tech in chemical stream. As a chemical engineer and I can't get the good Engineering Jobs In India after B.tech as I am a female and I can't do the job in shift which is some time necessary in manufacturing field that's why I join the IT field but I am not satisfied with my job so what should I do for making the future in my core field
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    diksha12
    Chemical Branch is a very good branch but There are very less engineering colleges who offers the B.tech in chemical stream. As a chemical engineer and I can't get the good Engineering Jobs In India after B.tech as I am a female and I can't do the job in shift which is some time necessary in manufacturing field that's why I join the IT field but I am not satisfied with my job so what should I do for making the future in my core field
    Please be aware that adding "SEO" links in your posts is going to get your account banned. Google doesn't like spammy links, you see ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There are considerable opportunities in plant design, consultancy services and such in Chemical Engineering. Look for them.
  • safiajen0055
    safiajen0055
    rajendrak_singh
    It is the passion which matters. Regular study and creativity in your work really matter
    Passion for the study really matters when you want to get success. As an engineering student always try to be awesome in your area by learning new techniques.
  • Allan Hugo
    Allan Hugo
    Read. Share. Learn. Read some more. Share some more. Learn some more. Experience it. Love it. Enjoy it. Embrace it! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Void Runner
    Void Runner
    Chemical Engineering revolves around three or four things - be good in thermodynamics, reaction kinetics, process control and fluid mechanics. That will be enough for most of your day to day work as a chemical engineer. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was reading interview of founder of Lifehacker and found very interesting thing.. A standing desk she uses She got up this idea from her mother who is a public...
A earthquake of magnitude 6.3 shake Iran killing over 100 and hundreds injured and in-numerable property damage. Earthquake hit the towns of Ahar, Haris and Varzaqan in East Azerbaijan province...
What is meant by unit commitment? how it can be explained by genetic alogrithm?
Guys, I dedicate this thread to all the ethical hackers in CE to teach their skills to the avid learners.. ! Please share some methods and stuffs..! below..! Don't provide...
Hi friends, I'm a computer Science Engineering student, who is keen to explore interesting informations and develop interaction with some engineers . There are some queries in my mind ,which...