How to automate evaluation of 'Long and subjective' answers for online exams?

Currently i am working with NSE.IT Limited (Mumbai) as Trainee associate Systems Analyst. Recently i have been assigned to research project where i have to research on "How to automate evaluation of 'Long and subjective' answers for online exams?". Till now i have came across solutions like NLP (Natural Language Processing), LSI (latent semantic indexing) techniques through which we can achieve the same. I am seeking for more help and for efficient solution i can have. your help would be appreciable 😀

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    That is a great question @#-Link-Snipped-#
    Even popular exams like TOEFL and GRE haven't automated the evaluation process for essay-questions
    I think a lot of projects that involve evaluating descriptive answers online are available.
  • Gaurav Shinde
    Gaurav Shinde
    Ankita Katdare
    That is a great question @#-Link-Snipped-#
    Even popular exams like TOEFL and GRE haven't automated the evaluation process for essay-questions
    I think a lot of projects that involve evaluating descriptive answers online are available.
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Yep you are right. But the problem is those projects are having very much less information. I am very much keen to research on the same and expecting help from all #CrazyEngineers.
    Thank You 😀
  • Gaurav Shinde
    Gaurav Shinde
    #-Link-Snipped-# I have successfully developed system for "To automate evaluation of 'Long and subjective' answers for online exams". Thank You
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    That's simply great. So, what was the most efficient solution that you employed for your system? What kind of research did you do before selecting the best technology?
  • Gaurav Shinde
    Gaurav Shinde
    It was and still it has been great and fruitful journey for me 👍 . I have done R & D on NLP (Natural Language Processing) which comes under Artificial Intelligence. Another one was LSA (Latent Semantic Analysis) which is also AI but more of a statistic module. I chose NLP over LSA because NLP Java API is open source and one can customise it as per requirements. It took around 7 months to complete my R & D assignment. And I achieved what i wanted.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Many congratulations #-Link-Snipped-# It would be great if you can showcase your project's results in CE Projects section -
    #-Link-Snipped-#

A lot many engineers/students will be inspired with your ideas.
  • Gaurav Shinde
    Gaurav Shinde
    Yeah sure 😀
  • Himanshu Vashistha
    Himanshu Vashistha

@Gaurav Shinde - Did you post the project anywhere? I would like to see how you did it back in 2014-15. Thanks in advance!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Amazon's bringing the Kindle Paperwhite (WiFi) with a price tag of Rs. 10,999 (inclusive of all taxes & delivery charges) to Indian stores and Amazon India's website has began accepting...
Just found a new device on Amazon that's labeled "Auto Car Fresh Air Ionic Purifier". This 12V device fits into your car's charging port and removes poisonous gases, cigarette smoke...
US scientists on Wednesday revealed that they've developed the world's first jellyfish aircraft, which captures the exact motion of a jellyfish in water. This tiny machine is the first ever...
Name: PVSS PRASAD *Engineering Trade:MECHANICAL Location:VISAKHAPATNAM *Occupation: STUDENT Work Experience: NO *Hobbies & Interests: READING BOOKS,PLAYING CRICKET *Aim in life: TO BECOME A MECHANICAL ENGINEER
It was a high time that we took a relook at the way CrazyEngineers Community is organised. We've merged- General Help Section In-Focus (News Discussion) Chit-Chat Section all in one...