How To Ask Questions On Online Forum Or Site?

The topic might be silly and discussed in multiple posts. Lot of people have no clue how to ask questions on online forums or sites. They make assumptions which make it difficult to respond. One such example is here: #-Link-Snipped-#

The post reads -

Title: Helppp!!??
Content:
hello..i am completely confused about ma career...
can u help??
Now there would be thousands of engineers who'd be reading this thread and have no clue about the content just by looking at the title. I've modified the title to make it more sensible.

Secondly, the content gives no idea to the responder about what to offer in help. Had this post been on the lines of -

Hello Engineers!

I need your help in making better choice in my career. I'm a final year electronics & communications engineering student with average academics. I wish to work in PCB designing but not sure whether there are any direct opportunities.

This year, only one company visited our campus and offered jobs in IT industry. I applied to it but couldn't get through.

I need suggestions on courses I might take to ensure that there will be job opportunities for me and any references which might help me take a better decision.

Thanks! Awaiting responses.
Above questions will attract lot of specific responses which will be very useful.

Always make sure that you describe your questions so that it's easier for others to help you.

😀

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Biggie: Thank you for writing this. Can we make this thread sticky? I hope everyone goes through it once.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Yes, AKD This post should be Sticky.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Elune is an awesome Windows 7 theme that you can download and install to make your computer look awesome. Download Link: https://www.deviantart.com/download/199350232/elune_by_minhtrimatrix-d3aormg.rar [.RAR File] Installation Instructions - Install Universal Theme...
I personally love Firefox and enjoy using Firefox 4. But when it comes to actual tests on the browser, the browser that rules is Opera 11. IN the browser war...
iPhone 4 may be the one of the strongest phones out there. US Air Force Combat controller and Jump Master, Ron Walker accidently dropped his iPhone from over 1000 ft...
If you enjoy Kratos' deadly fight actions, then be happy. The next installation of Mortal Combat will feature Kratos. Check out this video that shows preview - [video=youtube;x1jPqUupfsU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1jPqUupfsU&feature=player_embedded[/video]
Just wondering how many CEans use their cellphones to check email on daily basis. Is phone the main device that you use to check email? Or it's the desktop or...