How to add more than 50 members to WhatsApp group?

Is there a way to add more than 50 members to whatsapp group? A lot of casual visitors to CrazyEngineers use contact us form to ask this question to us and we decided to put this question to all the avid users. All I know is that the group size limit is restricted to 50 members and the admin of the group can add 49 members at the max.

If anyone of you knows the trick to have 50+ members in a group; do share the trick with us. I know the group becomes extremely spammy even with 20+ members; but it looks like there are a bunch of people who want to be able to add more people

PS: Telegram app, for example, allows creation of groups with 200 members. Never used that app; so don't know how good the experience is!

Replies

• Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    In whats app you cannot add more than 49 members in the group.
    Even you change the value in the preference.xml and restart your phone also it does not work.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Switch to Telegram 😘
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am not sure if there are any workarounds for adding more than 50 members.
    This person on XDA Developers forums did go to some length to achieve it -
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Anyone here thinks what he is trying to achieve could work?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    He's using the android root explorer to edit the file - com.whatsapp_preferences.xml

I however doubt that's the right way to increase the group member count. It didn't work for him either. I think the group count is managed at the server side (just a wild guess). Why? Because it's whatsapp server that distributes the messages. I could be wrong though 😀
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#

No it will not work. As I feel these all are managed at the server side or the root admin which is common for all.
    If its that easy made all could have modified by now.
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I guess it will not work. As that guy also tried and it could not work. It should not be that simple made. As #-Link-Snipped-# says even I guess or rather say hope it should be managed my the root admin server which is fixed to the size which cannot be modified.

Have any one heard or tried whatsapp plus which you can modify themes and add your own color.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How do you take a great shot when there's no one around to take a photo of yours? Say hello to Stand-Pod; a very tiny stand for your phone that...
hello everyone , i have passed my btech. from electronics and communication but now i want to make my career in I.T. industry.So i am thinking to opt Wimc course...
Anyone watched interstellar, please give your review without any SPOILER See producer himself doing Maths and Physics about the movie. I am seeing lots of article about things to study...
I want to sell my charger in market and i want how to sale to some company. Kindly reply.
How to configure intranet for inter office communications using MPLS. Can anyone Please suggest