How the news sites calculate Weather ?

Just I am curious to know, How the whether is calculated

The following yahoo page shows weather of Chennai, How they are calculating?

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I believe all the data is provided by concerned departments to a central server from where all the data is fetched by various services.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    yup!
    wheather reports wont vary with news sites. they must be collecting it from local wheather departments/ councils.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    ok..thanks for the information.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Basically weather is calculated by measuring moisture in air,and by using remote sensing
  • callyD
    callyD
    No matter how it's calculated... Even with the science’s advances and increases in the power of technology, nature by nature is unpredictable sometimes.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There are many instances in life, where diplomacy comes handy.what are your thoughts on diplomatic approach? Is it beneficial to approach someone straight stating what has gone wrong and what...
Mumbai won Ranaji Trophy 2010 by defeating Karnataka in what can be called as a thrilling final contest on Gangotri Glades Stadium in Bengalore. They won just by 6 wickets....
I am an Electronic Engineering, working on my FYP; using a TFT display 320x240 in pixels, and RGB format of 666. it is using the SSD1963 controller for graphics and...
Hi ! I'm doing my 1st year electronics and instumentation. I'm interested in submitting a project. so, can any one suggest me a project ? simple for a first year.
we want an machine which dissovle one inch of crystal in one liter in lase than 5 min, we have 12 volt of supply and only electrical applications are use...