How reliable are various job sites?

I registered on various job sites, submitted my cv and contact details. I am receiving various notifications from different companies but not sure how true these companies are!
Also, I read on internet that fake companies send you the job offers and misuse your details submitted. Mostly all of the offer letters I received, demanded certain refundable amount deposition before interview. One of them is below, where two different amounts are asked to be deposited:
letter
I want to ask that to what extent should I rely on these job offers?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looks to me like a complete scam. No company will ever ask you to deposit money in order to call you for Interview. At least, such a company isn't worth working for. There are few trusted and well known job websites like Naukri, Monster, TimesJobs. I'd not trust other websites easily. In any case, you should NOT deposit money; if you do - consider it as lost money or 'donation' to the company in return for nothing.

To answer your question: Don't rely on those companies and DO NOT share your personal information with them.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Take into consideration whether it is worth to share personal info

My friends where tormented by spammers cos of these sites online Do be careful

Depositing money to attend an interview the company is not worth your presence there
  • Indrajeet Roy
    Indrajeet Roy
    Very true. Only go for reputed jobsites, and never, ever deposit even 1 rupee.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    sweet_honey
    I registered on various job sites, submitted my cv and contact details. I am receiving various notifications from different companies but not sure how true these companies are!
    Also, I read on internet that fake companies send you the job offers and misuse your details submitted. Mostly all of the offer letters I received, demanded certain refundable amount deposition before interview. One of them is below, where two different amounts are asked to be deposited:
    letter
    I want to ask that to what extent should I rely on these job offers?
    Something of the similar kind happened with a friend of mine. She rejected the offer. Don't trust such websites.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    The_Big_K
    There are few trusted and well known job websites like Naukri, Monster, TimesJobs. I'd not trust other websites easily.
    I registered in these 3 sites only and this job offer came from one of these sites. Even the job offer is one of the reputed automobile company(I'm not mentioning name).
    Even if the reputed companies ask for such amount to deposit then how to trust which is the right one to work with?!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Have you checked the source of the email? Are they asking to deposit the money in company's official account? I'm 99.99% sure that it's a scam. There's a chance that the companies might have done something totally weird like asking for money from candidates. It's highly unlikely though.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    No reputed company ask for money from candidate or before joining. (and before recruiting process never)
    I am assuming that you have gone through some recruitment process and company asking for some money, You should get contact number of company from official website and call them.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    The_Big_K
    Have you checked the source of the email? Are they asking to deposit the money in company's official account?
    Yes it's in favor of Company HR account.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    ianoop
    I am assuming that you have gone through some recruitment process and company asking for some money, You should get contact number of company from official website and call them.
    Its written that the resume has been shortlisted from the site I applied to. Later, after reaching there would be interview process to take place.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sweet_honey
    Yes it's in favor of Company HR account.
    Yes, but is it the actual company's account or the mediator's account? Check if money deposit is mentioned on the company's website anywhere.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    The_Big_K
    Check if money deposit is mentioned on the company's website anywhere.
    An email id is given there. By the way this letter was for an urgent joining and the last date to deposit money was today..

Here one more query comes to mind that if my resume was shortlisted for the job than how could they ask me for urgent joining since I'm a student of 4th year? My qualification was also mentioned there.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My opinion remains the same. No reputed company will ever ask for money deposit. If you don't mind, forward that email to admin [at] crazyengineers [dot] com. I'll try to find out if it's authentic or fraud. There are several ways to do that. Don't worry, your identity will remain secret.

Typically these job referral companies do such tricks - they'd send the letter on the last day so that you've very short period to find out whether they're legit or fraud and generally people fall for the trick. All the reputed companies would need is your correct bio-data and they'll do everything to hire you if you're good. As I said before, if a company expects you to deposit money, you'll have to rethink whether you really want to work with such company.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    The_Big_K
    If you don't mind, forward that email to admin [at] crazyengineers [dot] com. I'll try to find out if it's authentic or fraud. There are several ways to do that. Don't worry, your identity will remain secret.
    I've mailed.
    Thnks 4 the help..
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Check the source of the email. Next step is for any company you would have a contact us page. You can find contact details there. No company (reputed and existing) will ever do that. You can sue them if the email is found to be sent from Company HR.

Biggie, waiting for your findings!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's a PURE SCAM! The best way to check this is to visit the email domain. I checked who.is records for the domain and it's been created on 11 April 2012. Plus the website seems to be hosted on cheap rediff hosting and is not available.

I believe I'll get the details from the officials of the company.
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    sweet_honey
    I registered in these 3 sites only and this job offer came from one of these sites. Even the job offer is one of the reputed automobile company(I'm not mentioning name).
    Even if the reputed companies ask for such amount to deposit then how to trust which is the right one to work with?!
    Whenever a company asks for money for any purpose (security or refundable),its a fraud.

You can check true websites of companies TCS,LTI ,maruti,etc ,in career section they have published notice regarding this.

Another thing is , from these sites different consultancy might call you and ask you to pay fees.
    I advice to not do because many of of friends gave fees and were later told they are not eligible 😕 .
    So be aware and act accordingly .
  • Indrajeet Roy
    Indrajeet Roy
    whois.com is a truly remarkable website. I have never trusted these kind of emails, and tend to delete them as they come. I got on once supposedly from TCS. I called them because at the time I was a 12th pass person, not even in engineering, so I was suspicious. I had put up my resume for a BPO job, not that!! TCS told me it was a scam!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm getting in touch with the officials to notify them about this fraud. I wonder how easy it has become to pose as an authentic source and collect money from people looking for jobs.
  • Indrajeet Roy
    Indrajeet Roy
    thanks biggie, you're the best!!
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    Thanks 4 ur help #-Link-Snipped-#
    CE is the only place where all the queries are solved.
    CE rocks..👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey all, Can anybody point me to the best source of learning about Oracle SQl explain plans online? Thank you
i am desiring to study m.tech in "MULTIMEDIA AND SOUND ENGINEERING". so can any cean's help me in knowing the top colleges and their "GATE"score cutoff's in india?
Windows 8 has finally made its way to the consumers and that has followed the hardware makers to adopt their hardware to Windows 8 awesomeness. Dell has now launched their...
Indian web developers rejoice - Google's web font has now included three Indian languages in their international 'local language fonts'. Currently the 'early access' shows 9 international languages viz. Arabic,...
Android 4.2 has been announced and it comes with 'Photo Sphere Camera'. Android OS was missing the photo stitching feature for a long time and decided to make it a...