How much I know about my favourite sport/game?

TT- Table tennis...
Our Biggi's one of the favourate game... Some of my friends are good friends of biggi... They told me that, "he is not only a GOD admin... but also a good TT player..."

Not kidding...

In BTW..
Just about sports...
What game do you like?? ......and what's your knowledge about your good sport...??
Pour information.... The biggest tournament of your favourate game ..... Seeded players....and what not.
Any other info ....which you think can be beneficial...???

--Crazy

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crazyboy
    TT- Table tennis...
    Our Biggi's one of the favourate game... Some of my friends are good friends of biggi... They told me that, "he is not only a GOD admin... but also a good TT player..."
    --Crazy
    'GOD admin ๐Ÿ˜' ? ?

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜‰

-The Big K-
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    'GOD admin ๐Ÿ˜' ? ?

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜‰

-The Big K-
    It was deliberately written....

As I think that good admin is not enough so i wrote it as GOD ADMIN

๐Ÿ˜
    --Crazy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜• that's a self-selected rank. In reality, I'm a bad admin :sshhh:

Btw, this thread is supposed to talk about sports.

I'm into TT & Badminton. Represented my school for 3 years as a captain of Badminton team :sleepy:

-The Big K-
  • crook
    crook
    table tennis

I play table tennis too. I am interested in cricket & football. My favorite player is Ronaldo and I'm cheering for Brazil ! ๐Ÿ˜

crook
  • sristi
    sristi
    sports..
    well i dont play Tt but i watch wen my pals play๐Ÿ˜€
    i like whistling,playing cricket n my fav player is Dhoni n Gilchrist,i play veena
    n these days i dont miss ....football๐Ÿ˜ my fav player is ronaldino๐Ÿ˜›
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    sristi
    sports..
    well i dont play Tt but i watch wen my pals play๐Ÿ˜€
    i like whistling,playing cricket n my fav player is Dhoni n Gilchrist,i play veena
    n these days i dont miss ....football๐Ÿ˜ my fav player is ronaldino๐Ÿ˜›
    Good Sristi..
    Nice to see the post from your side...
    Hey guys the motive of this thread is to augment the knowledge of one in games...
    Like for eg :- I am saying my fav. game is Lawn Tennis (Indeed it is one of mine fav.)
    I should give the some information about that
    Like:

Top seed players...(Men)
    *Roger Fedrer
    *Rafal Nadal
    *Hewit.....
    Top seed players...(Women)
    *Maria sharepova
    *devenport
    *moressamo
    *myskina....
    I am not sure of women ranking here ...i am just giving eg.
    Along with seeding give big tournaments...
    Like..Grand slam
    1. Australian open
    2. French open
    3. Wimbladon
    4. Us open
    Just like that...
    Help others so that they came to know a little(atleast) about all the games...
    The versatility in this forum will let us know atleast a little for all the games...
    hoping for the best

--Crazy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    one suggestion

Crazyboy

One of the probable reason that people won't notice this post is that it does not have an appropriate title ( it anyway breaches our CCS Rule#1 ๐Ÿ˜ )

"T.T." in the title does not make much sense. Do let me know if you have a better title for this thread, and I will rename it for you.

This is a good thread for knowledge sharing on sports. Good Job, dude [โ€‹IMG]

-The Big K-
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Crazyboy

One of the probable reason that people won't notice this post is that it does not have an appropriate title ( it anyway breaches our CCS Rule#1 ๐Ÿ˜ )

"T.T." in the title does not make much sense. Do let me know if you have a better title for this thread, and I will rename it for you.

This is a good thread for knowledge sharing on sports. Good Job, dude [โ€‹IMG]

-The Big K-
    How much i know about my favourite sports??

Will it do??
  • aashima
    aashima
    sports...hmmm...

well this is sumthing i neva put ma efforts in... sports i neva thot is my cup of tea newaz... though i play good cards ๐Ÿ˜‰

well in watching i do like cricket at times wen it gets damn interested with limited runs and deliveries !!! other than that i do like playing badminton as well... but i am afraid i dont hav any prior knowledge of the same....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    me 2

I was into Badminton for couple of years, but never really bothered about the weight of the shuttle or the court dimensions ๐Ÿ˜ .

I never had a formal training but yeh, I could beat those trained ones ๐Ÿ˜.

muwahahahaha

-The Big K-
    p.s: Hope to find all the information in this thread.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Wow, its a good thing I decided to browse through the old threads. Now I can post about my fav sport, Basketball! ๐Ÿ˜

Basketball is a team sport with 5 players on each team. In the USA, the playing field is a court with dimensions of 94 feet long and 50 feet wide (roughly 29m x 15m) and for international games, the official dimensions are 28 X 15 m. The aim of the game is to throw the ball into the opponent's basket, that is suspended 10 feet (3m) from the ground. The size of the ball is about 25 cm in diameter. The basket consists of a ring and a net with a hole for the ball to pass through.

Players can freely roam around the court. The player who has the ball can only move by bouncing it on the court, which is known as dribbling. If he has stopped dribbling, he cannot bounce again and must pass to a team mate.

The there are 5 different positions in Basketball. They are Point Guard, Shooting Guard, Small Forward, Power Forward and Center.

The guards are usually the fastest players in the team. The PG would be the one who organizes the attack and seek out the right player to pass the ball to. The SG, as the name implies, attemps to shoot a large number of shots.
    The forwards are usually bigger and attack closer to the basket. They also attempt to grab the rebounds, which happens when the ball misses the basket. The center is the tallest in the team. They use their size to attack the basket and also protect their own basket in the defensive end.

A team can have a combination of positions with the limit of 5 players on the court depending on the tactics chosen. For example, if the coach feels that more faster players are needed, he can put 3 guards and 2 forwards.

The the amount of points worth for each sucessful shot depends on where the player shot it from. There is an arc that surrounds the hoop that can be as far as 7m away. If a player shoots inside this arc segment, a shot is worth 2 points. If a player shoots outside the arc, it is worth 3 points. If a player is fouled while a shot is attempted, he is awarded 2 shots worth 1 point each. This penalty shot is unobstructed (that is, there is no "goalie") and is taken perpedicular to the basket about 4.5m away.

Alright, thats it about the basic technical stuff ๐Ÿ˜›

There are a number of basketball leagues around the world. The most famous is the National Basketball Association (NBA) in the USA. There are 30 teams which are geographically spread around the country, including 1 in Canada. The NBA is split into the Western Conference and the Eastern Conference, with each having 3 divisions. All 30 teams play with each other. The rankings after 82 games in the regular season within their own division and conference determines their standings in the playoffs. Only the best 8 teams from each conference can participate in this playoff, which would determine the NBA Champion. The 8 teams play each other in 3 rounds, knocking each other out with a best of 7 games series. The final showdown would be the winner of the Western Conference versus the winner of the Eastern Conference. The recent NBA Champion is the San Antonio Spurs, who resides the West after beating the Cleveland Cavaliers of the East.

In Europe, there are 2 different leagues in which in which clubs from different European countries compete. One is the Euroleague in which consists of 24 clubs. The other is the Eurocup, which consists of another 30 clubs. The Euroleague and Eurocup were created by FIBA, the international federation for Basketball. Euroleague was then taken over by 24 of the richest European basketball clubs. The leagues are sometimes overshadowed by the NBA, but the fact remains that European countries usually dominate the international basketball competitions, usually wiping out Team USA ๐Ÿ˜›

Other leagues exist too. Countries usually have their own basketball leagues such as Australia with their NBL. In South America, there is a league called Liga Sudamericana.

FIBA also organizes world championships split within each of the 5 continents.

Anywayz, my favorite team is Houston Rockets, from the NBA.

Phew.. thats quite a lot to type. Theres a lot more info, but you guys can check the links out ๐Ÿ˜‰

NBA.com India | The official site of the NBA
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

EuroLeague - Wikipedia
    FIBA - Wikipedia
    Basketball - Wikipedia

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am re-introducing my-self upon advice of Biggie... Name: Pradeep Kumar Proffession : Engineer Work Place: Sigma Solutions, Hyderabad. Role in organization : Founder, MD and Mentor. Technical intrests: C,...
Hello CEans! ๐Ÿ˜€ I'll trouble you - a little ๐Ÿ˜ Its now mandatory to enter your engineering trade while registering on the forums. Those who are already registered; please update...
m doin aero engineering ..... can any body suggest me wat to in my summer vacation, jst finished my 2nd yr..... wanted to hav some foreign experiene can nyboy suggest...
In this Game, each word ends with 'ion'...and the next word has to be started from the second letter of the word.I hope u got it after all its Easy!!...
The words which we see need not be pronounced in the same manner.There may be any alphabet silent or its quite possible that the entire word is pronounced in totally...