How many soap can be manufactured

Sir / madam,
My question is

In a soap company, a soap is manufactured with 11 parts. For making one soap you will get 1 part as scrap. At the end of the day you have 251 such scraps. From that how many soaps can be manufactured..

According to myself the solution is,
251/11 = 22 Scrap + 22 Soap.
On this 22 Scrap
22/11 = 2 Scrap + 2 Soap
Total Soap can be manufactured is : 24 Soap.

Am I right with answer and approach to the problem ?

Advance Thanks,
R.Rengaraj
{SCE 36/2008/Pg 4 of 85}
{On this forum my 5th Question.}

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    rengaraj
    Sir / madam,
    My question is

In a soap company, a soap is manufactured with 11 parts. For making one soap you will get 1 part as scrap. At the end of the day you have 251 such scraps. From that how many soaps can be manufactured..

According to myself the solution is,
    251/11 = 22 Scrap + 22 Soap.
    On this 22 Scrap
    22/11 = 2 Scrap + 2 Soap
    Total Soap can be manufactured is : 24 Soap.

Am I right with answer and approach to the problem ?

Advance Thanks,
    R.Rengaraj
    {SCE 36/2008/Pg 4 of 85}
    {On this forum my 5th Question.}
    I think the answer is 25

251/11=22scraps+22soaps(remainder 9 scraps)
    22/11=2scraps+2 soaps
    so now you have a total 11 scraps with which =1scrap+1soap

so totally 22+2+1=25 soaps
  • rengaraj
    rengaraj
    Sir,
    Thanks for your answer. I didn't notice the reminder.
    R.Rengaraj

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Good Afternoon (at least to those from Brazil Time to Pacific Time), My name is Enya (aka Face) and I suffer from a chronic disease that seems to create a...
Hi guys! I need to build a system ( My first one! yay! ) which will store input from two sensors when an event happens. (approx. 5 kb of info)...
ASP.NET 2.0 - Master Pages It provide templates for other pages on your web site. with shared layout and functionality. allow you to create a consistent look and behavior for...
Afternoon to all! I am currently volunteering to mentor a undergraduate student in a mini-project. I am a mechanical engineer with a computer science background and she is a computer...
hello everyone ๐Ÿ˜ i just came across this term in my text book....i know that no fine concrete would not have the fine aggregate.....but of what use is it. does...