How many of you use wrist watch?

With the arrival of mobile phones, a lot of traditional gadgets have been replaced. I'm curious to know how many of crazy engineers use wrist watch and why do you wear one (if you do) - if you carry a cell phone?

I'm starting a poll. Please do vote on it and comment below.

Replies

• PuneetVerma
    PuneetVerma
    I definitely use wrist watch. Infact whenever I don't wear it (rare when I forget) I feel something big missing, same like forgetting mobile at home. I think we all should wear it and keep that trend alive.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    I wear wrist watch. It still has its importance even in the mobile phone era (for me)..

1) In between the bored lectures , we can't peep into the cell phones all the time, sitting on the first bench!!πŸ˜‰

2) While driving my 2-wheeler, I can't afford to take out my cell and see the time again and again, where wrist watch is very easy to have a look..πŸ˜€

3) It looks trendy with many of the outfits (the best reason I can give)...πŸ‘
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    The wrist watch has its own importance, and the cell phone cannot replace it entirely. here are my reasons:

1)even though my college allows students to carry cell phones, they are strictly banned in exam halls, and then wrist watches would be the best alternative, to manage time in such situations.

2) cell phones are difficult to consult, while driving.

3) It can sometimes get annoying to pull out your phone from your trouser pocket, only to check the time, and then stuff it back again once you are done.
  • Ganesh MSD
    Ganesh MSD
    I am not using watch. Because i will see the time using mobile.

If i am using watch also many of times i will see the time in mobile. Most of time it will happen so only i will avoid to use watch.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    There was a time when I used wrist watch,but not now. Now I use my mobile or Laptop for time,😁. But sometimes miss the classy feeling of wearing a watchπŸ˜‰
  • Ganesh MSD
    Ganesh MSD
    rahul69
    There was a time when I used wrist watch,but not now. Now I use my mobile or Laptop for time,😁. But sometimes miss the classy feeling of wearing a watchπŸ˜‰
    Agree with you
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    I do wear wrist watches for just three reasons ......
    1)It helps in time management as a student during exams,lectures or whatsoever
    2)To ignore someone who might be approaching you or rather to just symbolise that you have to leave(as an excuse to end any boring session) by deliberately looking on your wrist watch...and making some😳 getting late expressions(works most of the time).
    3)Last but not the least...... as a remembrance of my late friend who died last year due to bone cancer....
    And because of all the above reasons I prefer to keep my wrist-watch in the temple inspite of getting several scoldings (sometimes a cane on hand also) and also I have a lot of fairy-tale story related to my wrist-watch named 'revathi' but probably to discuss that I'd require another new thread.

Really,wrist-watch can never be replaced by any sort of gadget.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I wear wrist watch. It's risky to look at your mobile when teacher is taking the lecture and you are eagerly waiting for the hour to finish!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I don't, because I don't like metal,thread or leather touching my wrist.
    For me,It's very irritating.
    I like my hands Free.

But,If you'll buy me a Smart-watch then I'll wear until that product doesn't become "common".
    Once it becomes common,phek do! πŸ˜‰
  • Ila Ragade
    Ila Ragade
    old is gold...id never discard my watch!!! sometimes i sleep with my watch on!!!😲 😴
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Awesome responses, folks! I used to wear wristwatch then stopped using it because the mobile would display the clock at a press of a button.

Some reasons mentioned above are funny 😁.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yus. Totally. Any arguments against it are invalid to my mind. 😁

Looking to buy a new one pretty soon.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I bought a HMT Janata Watch in 1962. Upgraded to HMT black dial luminescent Pilot in 1969. (Still have it). Over the years have been given many watches including some designer ones. There is also a working hand wound version of Omega Seamaster from the early fifties.

Gave up wearing watches a few years back as I felt that it was a tyranny of time. There are enough reminders of time around anyway.

(If it comes to that, I do not always carry my cell phone with me either)
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Don't wear any watch. It wasn't a replacement against mobile phone, but I just don't like to wear any thing. Feels very uncomfortable with ornamental things. I did used to wear it for a long back, but then its battery went dead and I never replaced it.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Being the punctual guy I'm, wrist watch is my lifeline. I even have it 5 min fast to make sure I'm always on time. Call me old fashioned if you will!!
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    I wear it only when I go off to the exam hall. Otherwise, no real point.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yes!! I love watches.

I had a collection of watches which my cousins and friends happily grab them and never return.

I currently have Fossil , Skagen , Titan(3) , Timex , Casio watches.

Planning to buy one Tissot , I know its waste of money but I love watches so is not waste for me..

I recently broke one in a freaky accident though!!
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    I love to wear wrist watches in my childhood and had a great collection of watches. But now as I have mobile phone I am not used to of wearing watches.
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    I wear wrist watch sometimes,however at those times as well I forget that I am wearing it and look for time in my cellphone!
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I use a watch regularly. More than a machine that shows time, a watch has become an accessory to boost one's personality and there are a lot of new trend setters. I would never give up wearing a watch even if there are better techniques to show the time in the future.

P.S.: I still own a typewriter that belonged to my grandpa. You never know when old stuff can turn to gold.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Someone asked a related question to me and I thought of getting a frank opinion from all of you. A lot of members post their questions - sometimes quite important...
Question: Accenter Industries Limited (AIL) uses high grade odum and sapele wood to produce chairs, tables and cupboards for schools. The target for the company is to produce at least...
hello...i completed b.tech frm ME...in 2012.....now i am job less since 8 months.....i tried my best to find a job......but without reference in a company it is impossible to find...
can anyone tell me that either this use case diagram for Crime file system is correct or not,should there be a database manager?
129 algae filled louvered tanks hang over the south-east and south-west faces of the 15-unit apartment that has been constructed in the city of Hamburg, Germany. The unconventional architecture is...