How many of you desire to be an entrepreneur & build your own business?

We have a fairly large number of engineers on CE and here's a little survey I wish to do. I want to know how many of you (students & professionals) desire to become an entrepreneur and build your own business?

So you may not have ready plans or schedule to do it - but I wish to know how many among us on CE have that little wish to be their own bosses?

Let me know through your responses to this thread.

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Well I wish
    and very soon i will put my 1st step in this area
    Hope for best
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Very good to know that, Goyal420! Everyone on CE is with you if you need any help, motivation - or whatever ๐Ÿ˜€
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    I would like to be an entrepreneur, its not just the fact that I can be my own boss, but I like to give, I like to take up responsibilities o my own head and face the challenges head on!!!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I dont want to be an Entrepreneur , I dont want to biuld up my own business!

I dont want to work in the software too , I just want to be a scientist! want to Invent or discover something ๐Ÿ˜€

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    @ ES
    A smart entrepreneur would then wish to partner with you and market your inventions ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    The_Big_K
    Very good to know that, Goyal420! Everyone on CE is with you if you need any help, motivation - or whatever ๐Ÿ˜€
    Thank you so much sir for your kind words
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's surprizing that we've such a cold response to entrepreneurship in Engineers Forum. Considering the fact that most of our audience comes from India, I'm wondering whether Indian engineering students don't want to start their own companies?
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Its my dream. May be one day, I'll be able to set up my own firm. and then, CE will be publishing my add (wow๐Ÿ˜›). What say admin.??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Deepika Bansal
    Its my dream. May be one day, I'll be able to set up my own firm. and then, CE will be publishing my add (wow๐Ÿ˜›). What say admin.??
    CE's always there for CEans. But what are you doing to convert that 'dream' into 'reality'?
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Thank you biggee..๐Ÿ˜€
    well I am learning some management tips from my surrounding. Besides this I am also concentrating on understanding people and their psychology... After all it they with whom I'll be working with..๐Ÿ˜›
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I want to be an entrepreneur, not because i want to be boss or something. My view is if i am working hard then it should benefit me. I dont want to work under/for anybody and i think my own organization can make me feel like this.
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    i want to be an entrepreneur too ๐Ÿ˜€
    i love challenges that go hand in hand with a new venture.
    i've read lots about so many people who have made a mark in the field starting from nothing and i too would love to do something like that too. but i've not decided on what exactly my venture is going to be about. ๐Ÿ˜
    i do have some options and ideas though. (they might sound crazy, but no one knows what will click and what will not so they might be good ones too.)
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    cooltwins
    they might sound crazy, but no one knows what will click and what will not so they might be good ones too.
    big entrepreneurship starts with such crazy sounding ideas...... so keep them alive..๐Ÿ˜›
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    yeah will!!! ๐Ÿ˜ thanks for the encouragement ๐Ÿ˜
  • avdheeru
    avdheeru
    Yes i would like to start my own. But should be very challenging.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    avdheeru
    Yes i would like to start my own. But should be very challenging.
    Every startup is more challenging than you'd estimate. I'm glad we've entrepreneurial engineers on CE.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

During my recent conversation with an engineering college student, I came to know that the college was so bullish on getting 100% results from the students in University exams that...
Folks, I need your recommendations. I'm planning to gift a Blackberry or similar phone to my father on his Birthday. Following are typical requirements - 1. Bigger screen & text...
Lot of CEans have their own blogs. Use this thread to tell us whenever you publish a new blog. This thread acts as free advertising place for your blogs You...
Samsung has officially released the first version of the theme designer for all Samsung waves. The theme designer will let users easily create themes and author them. Visit it here:...
I recently constructed a PLL synthesized weather band receiver. When I apply heat using a hair drier, the reference oscillator crystal remains on frequency. The VCO LO only remains on...