How many of you are willing to dedicate 1 hour/day for CE Project?

CEans,

We've been trying our hands at CE projects for a long time. Since we all are geographically separated, we want to start with a software project. The success of any project depends on dedication & persistence of members working on the project.

For us to make a successful project (We'll think big, but start small!) we need a dedicated team comprising of minimum three engineers [and maximum five engineers]. I wish to know how many of you would be willing to build a great CE software product from scratch.

Before you say "aye", let me talk about few things -

1. Our project is not going to be typical projects that you've done in your college or at workplace.
2. All the team members must 'love' what we are doing and be very proactive in contributing.
3. The team should be focused on completing the project and challenge themselves to execute their own tasks well before deadlines set by themselves.
4. There should not be any ego clashes between the team members.
5. There must be coordination among the team members [through email, IM, online conferences etc.]
6. There won't be any boss to judge the progress or assign the task [seriously, do we really need someone to tell what to do?]. Of course, someone can be a coordinator to sync up the tasks among team members.]
7. High level of self discipline is expected.
8. Team members should be very open to accepting suggestions & feedback from other members.

Now given these conditions, how many of you would be willing to work on a CE Project?

Its okay even if we do not get even a single response to this post. Don't say 'I will/can try' - it doesn't help. Don't say yes unless you are passionate and excited about working on CE Project.

In the end, you may look forward to following benefits of working on a CE project -

1. Proud feeling of creation & achievement.
2. Tremendous learning.
3. World-wide fame.
4. Pioneering work in the world of CE.

So, think before you post your response. ๐Ÿ˜€ [โ€‹IMG]

Replies

• safwan
    safwan
    yes we can at last we are cEans.

I am ready after 3 weeks becouse my exams are going to start from next week.

i am rady but littlle late.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    safwan
    yes we can at last we are cEans.

I am ready after 3 weeks becouse my exams are going to start from next week.

i am rady but littlle late.
    There will be many exams in due course of time. Will you still be able to work on CE Project? If yes, why can't we start next week?

[PS: We aren't starting immediately. The team will be formally formed for the project.]
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    A very good start but before saying 'aye' I would like to know answers of few questions:

1. About that CE software product.
    2. Suppose if a person cannot devote 1 hour per day on CE project but can devote many hours on weekends or any holidays.Will that work?
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Yes shalini the goal is to finish your by the deadline.

I'm dedicating more than 1 hour for the CE-IM Big K, I'm doing all my work on parallel & I'm enjoying working on different projects in the same time, especially It's the first time for me to do a hard work Socket programming (driving me crazy), I don't have any goals from the CE-IM or any CE project except this $10,000 ๐Ÿ˜›
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    yes, I'm sure that most would find it difficult to put in one hour everyday. It'd be better to restrict it to the time put in on a weekly basis. For example, 7 hours per week would be better than one hour daily. Or so I feel.

And about the software product, well, I do know some programming but I dont think that'll be enough to develop a product, per se. So, persons who dont know software development as of now should also be allowed to participate.

Is this agreed?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I think its possible to put 1 hour a day, but sometimes we procrastinate ๐Ÿ˜‰

Like others have mentioned, hours on a weekly basis may work better in some cases.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    1. It could be any project that we will take up. The aim of this thread is to know how many of our CEans would be willing to take up the project seriously and build a software from ground up.

2. I do not want to discourage anyone. I believe working on weekends won't work. If you miss one weekend because you have lot of work at office; the whole project will have a tremendous setback.

3. I am specifically talking about a group of 3-5 engineers who will dedicate 1 hour daily so that we make process every day, issues get resolve in quickest possible time etc.

4. In my opinion, the projects like these will always have a risk of losing the momentum. Since there will not be any direct monitoring or obligation to complete the tasks, we want to be extremely careful in selecting the team members.

5. In the end, I am sure each one of us wants 1 completed project - from idea to reality. We all will have to put in more efforts to make this happen.

I am evaluating various ideas to make this happen. Its a great feeling to see the response. I can see things happening for real in next couple of months.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I forgot to add :-

1. For the software project; we'll need engineers who love to code and have done some coding on their own [not for college projects or professional work]. We are willing to wait until we find them.

2. We will make sure that the core team shares its work with others through the forum. So others may join the development. If you love programming and want to be a part of the core team for CE Projects, get started now.

3. I am sorry if my posts offend anyone. I am very keen on getting the things done.
  • safwan
    safwan
    yes, I am redy and i like programming but i should not forget to mention that i am beginers in visual basic. i know SQL. so i ready to devot time for this..
    ๐Ÿ˜

๐Ÿ˜’

for got to mention i can give more time on wekends
    for K.S.A (we have wekends on thursday and friday)
  • safwan
    safwan
    sir,
    this exams are final exams and i will get my remove to grade 12 . so sorry for inconvice.
    but late so late i want to join it.my first exam date is (11/02/2009 to 23/02/2009 )
  • Rifaa
    Rifaa
    I love to be a part of it. but as a newbie
    Although I can repair, build stuff, use computers and all tht, software programming is a part tht I wish I am good at, but due to limited time and components I was held back, during my study years.
    Now components and softwares are at my finger tip. So I am good to go.
    I would love to learn software and be part of you guys.
    I have resources, and I can at least give one hour to a project each day.
    And if I know the stuff I will give myself to it. Well!! that's me ๐Ÿ˜

I am always trying to learn something new.
    Please put me in a corner, and I will be very obedient. OK ;-)
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I am in for LFS project. i really dont know why i am getting so obsesses with it.
    I am getting my hands on LFS studying linux admistrative tasks for nearly 2 hrs a day. I have not yet started looking at shells scripting

I dont think i will not be able to spend 1 hr a day, but in worse case I might not ( only when my sem begins and I need to attend evening college)
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    durga
    I am in for LFS project. i really dont know why i am getting so obsesses with it.
    I am getting my hands on LFS studying linux admistrative tasks for nearly 2 hrs a day. I have not yet started looking at shells scripting

I dont think i will not be able to spend 1 hr a day, but in worse case I might not ( only when my sem begins and I need to attend evening college)
    Good to hear that! I'd want to get into LFS as well, but I'm super swamped with work. But, I'll soon buy an old computer (Pentium II) from my friend for some experimental stuff, will use it for Linux purposes.

Biggie, perhaps we can create a universal list of which members are doing or planning to do a specific project, and how many hours a week they are working on it? Just for visualization purposes ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ash, that is the plan ๐Ÿ˜‰ ! This thread will be handy when we start selecting members for the project.

Another point: We have varied skill-set here. If the software needs to be done in Java; we'll need Java folks if it's in PHP, we'll need people who know PHP in & out.

We have not yet decided the project. That will be done at a later stage. I hope to see more response to this thread. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ash
    Good to hear that! I'd want to get into LFS as well, but I'm super swamped with work. But, I'll soon buy an old computer (Pentium II) from my friend for some experimental stuff, will use it for Linux purposes.
    thats actaully good. I am learning it up in dual boot in my existign laptop.I am sure if one fine day i get see that grub has failed and I have lost both the OS.
    Do let me know when you will be a little free to start off.
    I bet this would be too interesting to let go.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Hi its exciting to hear this .
    and YES i could easily contribute 1 hr by reducing 1 hr sleep its so simple to me , but people talking about software and prior knowledge cool that i don't have much . I know SQL and Language C nothing more if you can give me the technology a 15 day before you start the project i will be ready learning IN and OUT.
    I am a software tester in my organization so i can test the software product as well.
    So Seriously i can spend 1 hr but let me know the technology before 15 days such that i don't want to be a newbie in this super project want to contribute something .
    waiting for your opinion!!!๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    NO update again??
    ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”
  • nsrshridhar
    nsrshridhar
    Sure.. I am ready to dedicate atleast an hour everyday including weekends.... I am a true and ready to prove.. the same.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good response so far. I think we can kick-off a small project (a software product). As I see, lot of CEans are from Banaglore. How about CEans from Bangalore coming together to get this started.

There will be minimum project management and maximum engineering. I'm sure it's going to be fun.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    I am just now see this thread...I am a newbie.. I am interested in this project...
    I can work in weekends and can spend much time to achieve the goal...tell me the further details....
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Biggie didn't talk about a particular project. CE-Project means any project that is being developed or will be developed in the future.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hey all CEans always count me in by default. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Some parts of my FYP can be used for the CE Bot project. Does that contribution count? ๐Ÿ˜›
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    I am very much interested in doing this projects.I am expecting further details to start project as earlier...
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    i can give if there is anything relating to Electronics i am ready.
  • varun_singh02
    varun_singh02
    The_Big_K
    CEans,

We've been trying our hands at CE projects for a long time. Since we all are geographically separated, we want to start with a software project. The success of any project depends on dedication & persistence of members working on the project.

For us to make a successful project (We'll think big, but start small!) we need a dedicated team comprising of minimum three engineers [and maximum five engineers]. I wish to know how many of you would be willing to build a great CE software product from scratch.

Before you say "aye", let me talk about few things -

1. Our project is not going to be typical projects that you've done in your college or at workplace.
    2. All the team members must 'love' what we are doing and be very proactive in contributing.
    3. The team should be focused on completing the project and challenge themselves to execute their own tasks well before deadlines set by themselves.
    4. There should not be any ego clashes between the team members.
    5. There must be coordination among the team members [through email, IM, online conferences etc.]
    6. There won't be any boss to judge the progress or assign the task [seriously, do we really need someone to tell what to do?]. Of course, someone can be a coordinator to sync up the tasks among team members.]
    7. High level of self discipline is expected.
    8. Team members should be very open to accepting suggestions & feedback from other members.

Now given these conditions, how many of you would be willing to work on a CE Project?

Its okay even if we do not get even a single response to this post. Don't say 'I will/can try' - it doesn't help. Don't say yes unless you are passionate and excited about working on CE Project.

In the end, you may look forward to following benefits of working on a CE project -

1. Proud feeling of creation & achievement.
    2. Tremendous learning.
    3. World-wide fame.
    4. Pioneering work in the world of CE.

So, think before you post your response. ๐Ÿ˜€ [โ€‹IMG]
    I m willing todo some kind of project.
    Please if u can give me some more details regarding this software project
    since i am from an electronics background i may have little or no knowledge about software you are/will be using.
  • safwan
    safwan
    hi biggie what happens to project i thing you might have forgot this but we are ready sir always for cean.
    why cant we develop a project wich can cover all part of business firm like:

AIS(Accounting information system)

MIS(managment information system)
    ois(office information system)
    waiting for your comment s.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Guys, this thread is not an official thread to select CEans. I started only to see how many of us would be willing to work on any project we may initiate in future.

Yes, be assured that all our projects will be interesting err... awesome! ๐Ÿ˜€ I'm currently focused on expanding CE's reach. However, if few of us just can't wait, brainstorm on a simple project idea and get started.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    ๐Ÿ˜I can spend
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ms_cs
    ๐Ÿ˜I can spend
    Cool ms_cs but try to be active here so that we can catch you and discuss over it more. ๐Ÿ˜€ I hardly find you here.
  • mann
    mann
    Hello Big K!

can you please tell what you mean by "done some coding on their own [not for college projects or professional work]".

Although i am final year student but as per my schedule i an devote one hour daily.And i am very much interested in becoming a part of this team.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We'd include engineers who can think on their own, are passionate about solving tough problems.

We'd not trust people who simply say "I can" but rather, we'd be looking to include people will say "I have".
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    We'd include engineers who can think on their own, are passionate about solving tough problems.

We'd not trust people who simply say "I can" but rather, we'd be looking to include people will say "I have".
    Do you include students ?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    sahithi pallavi
    He'd better, or else I'm quitting *grin*
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sahithi pallavi
    Of course. As you are aware, there's absolutely no discrimination on CE. Whether you are a student, a professional or a school dropout - everyone is welcome as long as they can bring value.

I guess that'll be the criteria we'll follow while hiring employees for CrazyEngineers.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    The_Big_K
    Of course. As you are aware, there's absolutely no discrimination on CE. Whether you are a student, a professional or a school dropout - everyone is welcome as long as they can bring value.

I guess that'll be the criteria we'll follow while hiring employees for CrazyEngineers.
    I know, there is no discrimination on CE.๐Ÿ˜
    This is the thing i like most on CE.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    I am ready to work.

P.S. : after my exams. they are coming soon.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    goyal786
    I am Ready to work .......just tell when???
    What about this thread ?biggie ..
    This goyal786 was my previous user name
    Are you working on this project?or it has already completed??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No we haven't launched any project yet. Its high time though to have few of us passionate about making a small project successful and then building bigger and bigger project.

Can we have 2-3 (or more) of us think about a small web based project and then collaborate online to make it successful?

PS: CE Labs invites all such project initiatives.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Yes Biggie why not we have many ceans ..I think they are quite well to work on small web project..
    I think we should have such initiatives in ce..It will give ceans like me a nice experience.
    Thanks
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Hello Mr. Big k.
    Hope its not too late..... if you are still looking for your project team, Please do consider me.
    I am very comfortable with java (both j2se and j2ee) and have a good knowledge of database. And i love solving the tough problems.
    Please do reply.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi , i am a computer science student doing engineering based on my diploma degree.in a website on gate i saw tat engineering students who have done 10+2 are eligible...
Hi, I am involved in a project for which I have to use shape memory alloys. I have selected NiTinol wires. I have found a seller (Nitinol Product Index -...
can somebody help me wit the above mentioned project?.....ive constructed a ultrasonic motion detector before.....
Its official: CE is now ๐Ÿ˜32,000 ๐Ÿ˜ member strong! Congratulations to everyone! Keep spreading the word! โ€‹
Discuss the announcement - https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...y-two-thousand-crazy-engineers.html#post41032 in this thread!