How many of you are interested in AMA (Ask Me Anything) sessions on CE?

I'm wondering how many of you would be interested in participating in ask me anything sessions on CrazyEngineers? We're in touch with the top CxOs of hottest startups, eCommerce ventures who'd like to host AMA sessions on CE. We however are bit nervous about hosting such sessions. In the past, well, I hate to admit it, we've had pretty bad experiences; with people asking for their 'homework help' to 'project ideas' to vague questions to top folks!

I'm wondering if we're ready for AMA sessions on CE? If yes, who'd you like to see hosting first AMA?

Replies

• showstealer
    showstealer
    That'd be awesome.I am eagerly waiting for it !!
  • Swapnil Suman
    Swapnil Suman
    This is a nice idea, but it is very difficult to control what others may ask during such a session. We can try this.
    • Select the resource person who shall answer the questions
    • We need to identify the topic or the field of discussion beforehand and ask the members having any questions to submit their questions. One needs to implement a filtering mechanism that allows only relevant or logical or reasonable questions only to reach the table.
    • Then the resource person may conduct multiple answering sessions as per requirement and convenience. If the session is completed quickly, the person may share his/her ideas regarding some issue in engineering and technology and if possible, real-time interaction may also be thought of.
    • We can have 1 or 2 weeks/resource person/topic... However that is a function of the number of questions being asked in a given period of time.
    • This is something like radio programmes. Listeners are asked to record their questions or favorite songs etc. and when the appropriate time comes... the resource person answers/ programme is broadcast.
    This is one possibility. I think several people can come up with different possible solutions. As far as the first Resource person is concerned, I think I would like to have Mr. Sundar Pichai , or maybe someone from CE itself...or Maybe someone from housing.com... To find about some startups I think one may explore #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, the requests we've had so far are for 'live session'. The AMA host would login for about 1 hour on CE and then answer questions in real time. I think there's one thing we can do. The mods will 'approve' or 'reject' the questions in real time. But that said, my worry is about getting lot of users asking good questions; so that the AMA is successful, productive and useful as well.
  • Swapnil Suman
    Swapnil Suman
    Well, it then depends a lot on the moderators to prevent it from being a mess... Otherwise, it is okay to have a real-time session
    Also, the members need to be aware what the discussion is going to be focused on. Who is the resource person...What is his background etc.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

At times I get so bugged when I have to write some data on my cellphones memory card. Especially larger files upto 2GB it takes approximately 15 mins. Was quite...
Hi everyone, I am currently doing bachelors in electrical and electronic engineering and in my third year I have to choose between electronics and communication which i don't have broad...
hey! i just wanna know 'is it possible to convert a binary signals to electrical signals?' If yes , Then how it works?
Hi,Guys.I m a fresher to this forum.I want to know something about the ARDUINO board.Could anyone please help me...!!!😀
Back in January, WhatsApp announced that web.whatsapp.com will now let Android, Windows and Blackberry OS powered phones access chats on Google Chrome. WhatsApp surprisingly left out all the iPhone users....