8 Monkeys Take 8 Minutes to Eat 8 Bananas. How Many Monkeys?

8 Monkeys Take 8 Minutes to Eat 8 Bananas. How Many Monkeys?

Sir / madam,
My question is

Suppose 8 monkeys take 8 minutes to eat 8 bananas.
a. How many minutes would it take 3 monkeys to eat 3 bananas?
b. How many monkeys would it take to eat 48 bananas in 48 minutes?

The Solution is
a. 8
b. 6
How it is possible any steps please ...

Advance Thanks,
R.Rengaraj
{NIT 11/2007/Pg 2 (Infosys Part-1)}
{On this forum my 14th Question.

Update Answer:

"8 monkeys take 8 minutes to eat 8 bananas"

It implies that 1 monkey takes 8 minutes to eat 1 banana. This is because each monkey is working independently and in parallel with the others. The rate doesn't change based on the number of monkeys or bananas, as long as each monkey has a banana.

Now, let's solve the questions.

a. How many minutes would it take 3 monkeys to eat 3 bananas?

As each monkey takes 8 minutes to eat 1 banana, 3 monkeys would take 8 minutes to eat 3 bananas. This is because each monkey can eat their own banana simultaneously.

b. How many monkeys would it take to eat 48 bananas in 48 minutes?

Given that 1 monkey takes 8 minutes to eat 1 banana, it would take a single monkey 8*48 = 384 minutes to eat 48 bananas. But we want the monkeys to eat 48 bananas in 48 minutes.

Thus, we need to divide the total time a single monkey would take (384 minutes) by the desired total time (48 minutes) to find the number of monkeys needed. That's 384/48 = 8 monkeys.

This way, 8 monkeys can simultaneously eat 48 bananas in 48 minutes.

I hope this answers your question.

Replies

• accoolaryan
    accoolaryan
    your answer are
    a.8 monkeys ate 8 bananas in 8 minutes so each one of them eating one banana in 8 minute so three monkey will take 8 minutes as they too eating one banana each.
    b.it should be 8 too because 8 monkeys can eat 48 bananas in 48 minutes
    as each will eat 6 bananas in 48 minutes so they will eat 8*6 = 48
  • rengaraj
    rengaraj
    Sir,
    Please give logical reply. How we can say 6 ?
    R.Rengaraj
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    one monkey eat one banana in 8 minutes...

a) so for 3 monkeys they will take 8 minutes to eat 3 bananas..

b) total time taken =48 minutes
    time taken for 1 banana = 8minutes

no. of monkeys = 48/8
    =6
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    first one should be 8 minutes because the time taken for one banana is 8 minutes,
    therefore three monkeys eat three bananas each i n eight minutes.
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    second question::time to consume a single banana is 8 minutes therefore in 48 minutes six bananas are consumed by six monkeys!
  • rengaraj
    rengaraj
    Hi yadavundertaker,
    How you feel about this question ?
    But you solved it very quickly. Good....Really finding a tough question for you is an challenging task for me.
    R.Rengaraj
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    these questions are simple you should check this link ....

#-Link-Snipped-#

this is really a nice thread for puzzles

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple has long been rumored to integrate video conferencing capabilities in the iPhone, and most expected Skype to incorporate such a feature in its free application for iPhone and iPod...
The first public beta of Microsoft Office 2010 is now available as a free download on https://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/download-office-professional-plus/default.aspx This is the Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 edition so you get to...
Mobile phones in India that do not have IMEI numbers have been blocked. It is being reported that that number could well be 25 million. According to Indian intelligence agencies,...
Hi CEans, I was , skimming through the internet for my final year project topics, and I came across the topic. "Image Transfer Protocol". A protocol entirely for the purpose...
TextPad® Size :- 2.47 Mb Whether you simply need a powerful replacement for Notepad, a tool for editing your web pages,Java or a programming IDE, TextPad does what you want,...