How humans are driving the sixth mass extinction

Quote: Scientists have been warning for decades that human actions are pushing life on our shared planet toward mass extinction. Such extinction events have occurred five times in the past, but a bold new paper finds that this time would be fundamentally different. Fortunately, there’s still time to stop it. Endquote
How humans are driving the sixth mass extinction | Conservation | The Guardian

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Artificial intelligence, shrinking natural reserves, polluted air - and we are calling it 'progress'.
  • davefranco
    davefranco
    We have to change our self if we want to avoid this situation.
  • lal
    lal
    davefranco
    We have to change our self if we want to avoid this situation.
    We know it, and still we don't!

Humans act late! And it is usually too late to recover!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I sometimes wonder if we had to keep our 'technological' needs to bare minimum, what would we keep? Also, can we really afford to keep it at current level?
  • lal
    lal
    I guess that would be technologies for communication (I'm not talking about 4G), power generation and medical diagnosis. Then, everyone has different priorities 😒

Or everything should be ninety five percent percent efficient! 😁
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Rhino Picture was really horrible 😔 😔
    Those people don't deserved to be called as Humans

On a Side Note : I don't think there will be any mass extinction according to #-Link-Snipped-# (I believe in this website a lot)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am Pankaj Dubey, Working with Yash Technologies Pvt Ltd as a Technical recruiter. I have done my BE with Computer science engineering from Indore.
Old hat to many digital CEans perhaps. May still be useful to others. Quote:Thanks to digital photography, everyone has a camera in their pocket and pictures are now instantly accessible...
Delhi boy Ayush Banka has a passion for electronics and he has been a bright student all his life. Ayush did not want to continue doing the family business and...
hai, my name is manikandan. doing 5th sem at sastra in it branch.i have 10 backlog. i was bit worried because i would get second class which would affect my...
Cheers to all the engineering gaints......and Im hpy to be a part of this crazy engineering family!!!!I would firslty congratulate the founders of CE for coming up with such an...