How far can you go?

A question, a genuine one:

"How far can you go to earn enough money and when do you call you have earned enough?"

In my opinion there is no limit to earning. But how far can you go? Can you resort to unfair means? May be....

Answers please!๐Ÿ˜•

Replies

• KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    I wouldn't shoot a person for money. That's just absurd. . . the most drastic thing I would do, if I was in desperate need, would be. . . Wow, I don't know. This is a hard question. I don't like to hurt people, so that would be out of the question.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    [Spam]

7 kilometers. That's the EXACT distance I've to go to earn money. Enough - maybe. ๐Ÿ˜

[ /spam ]
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Wow! We are getting intelligent answers by the way. But Biggie... that was spam. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Did someone say spam? Banning time! *hovers over ban button*

๐Ÿ˜› I think Biggie is invulnerable to banning.

I dont have an arbitrary number in my head, but I do not want to earn "too much". At least you should earn as much as you deserve according to the hard work you did. Personally, I avoid those "easy money" schemes.

KINETIC_JOULES
    I wouldn't shoot a person for money. That's just absurd. . . the most drastic thing I would do, if I was in desperate need, would be. . . Wow, I don't know. This is a hard question. I don't like to hurt people, so that would be out of the question.
    Ah, just wash the dishes at restaurants, mow the lawn and wash the cars of your neighbors. So instead of hurting people, you're making them happy! ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • gohm
    gohm
    I would never do anything that would go against my morals/beliefs nor would I alter/relax my ideals to allow financial gain. It is only money. You can't take it with you and it cannot provide happiness, joy or love which are what's important. It only provides worry and sorrow. (look at all the unhappy rich people) You will never be satisfied, that is the snare of materialism and greed. I got enough negative kharma as it is without adding the lust of money into the mix, laugh. So the short answer is I call whatever I am earning enough. Ok, I step off of my soap box now, laugh! Lots of wisdom in these two famous quotes:

Money is the root of all evil

money can't buy you happiness (or love according to the Beatles ๐Ÿ˜€)
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I'm sympathetic to all those people who have read and replied this question. You only need a chance to earn the big money you always dreamt of. Just that your morals and the need of the hour will determine whether you will take that step or not.

The cruelty of the situation is, your decision is more than likely to be dominated by your desires than pure morals. Youmall might deny, but answer me when you get into such situation.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Oh man, you wouldn't believe how many of these pyramid or easy money schemes are going on in my college. The attraction of easy big income for students who are really tight on budget will truly be strong.

I think desires can be controlled with some discipline and practice. Kind of like controlling your impulse buys in the supermarket ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Oh by the way I'm not talking about easy money. I'm talking about desire to earn more... even more money. And where does this desire take you. Its very difficult to draw a line.

Every body is hungry for success. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Richest person is the limit, it is such a nice title shows how excellent businessman you're.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ah yes.. Well, you can conclude that if you can resist getting easy money (which contributes to generating more wealth), you can resist the desire to earn "more money" in the first place ๐Ÿ˜›

Im sure if the goal in your life is to earn lots of money, if there are options to earn money easily, you'd take it, right? For example, if there was a seminar on earning a million dollars within a few months (hosted by someone who did so), you'd surely go if that was your aim ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Ummm... well I may not attend the seminar> But yeah, why will I not go for the routes that give me riches, if thats my aim?

@MaRo: yeah I agree. But tell me, why the hell then the richest man crave for more? May be because desire never ends?
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    I mean the limit that keeps you the richest man, as long as I'm the richest man if it's 1 dollar or nice 60 billions.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    For me it depends on the amount that is at stake. I will not say that I am honest always. And if I get my eyes on something, I usually get it no matter through what means. So, therefore I say, it depends on the amount or the thing.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    gohm
    I would never do anything that would go against my morals/beliefs nor would I alter/relax my ideals to allow financial gain. It is only money. You can't take it with you and it cannot provide happiness, joy or love which are what's important. It only provides worry and sorrow. (look at all the unhappy rich people) You will never be satisfied, that is the snare of materialism and greed. I got enough negative kharma as it is without adding the lust of money into the mix, laugh. So the short answer is I call whatever I am earning enough. Ok, I step off of my soap box now, laugh! Lots of wisdom in these two famous quotes:

Money is the root of all evil

money can't buy you happiness (or love according to the Beatles ๐Ÿ˜€)
    Gohm,
    I see in many cases you and me are poles apart. I will add one more saying for your consideration.
    Money may not buy love or happiness but it allows you to rent the same. Anyway, I would rather rent for a short time than have it forever. I think love is fie. For myself I would rather have power(which is made easier by the possession of money) than love.
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    ash
    Ah, just wash the dishes at restaurants, mow the lawn and wash the cars of your neighbors. So instead of hurting people, you're making them happy! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I would NEVER hurt someone. That's what I was trying to say. I was saying that I would never go to measures as to hurt anyone for money. Sorry if my words didn't come out clear.
    I make about $80 a month. . . which is horrible. I have to watch my niece 2 days a week. And I have a job, but it doesn't pay anything. I volunteer at the local zoo here. I feed the animals and do whatever they need us to do. No money, but I like to do it anyway.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    raj87verma88
    For me it depends on the amount that is at stake. I will not say that I am honest always. And if I get my eyes on something, I usually get it no matter through what means. So, therefore I say, it depends on the amount or the thing.
    Hmmm... interesting. By the way, tell me if you have come to this situation where you were tempted to compromise with your values. How did you react to it? This is a question for all.

Kinetic: Nice to read your views. Cheers!
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    mayurpathak
    Kinetic: Nice to read your views. Cheers!
    Thanks. Call me Tyler or KJ.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    It depends on what is at stake Mayur.

I would not go very far to earn money, since money is transient in nature.

But, I might just go the distance for fame, success, love even ๐Ÿ˜€

Yeah, the answer could be anything ... I am willing to do anything ... if the juice is worth the squeeze. Who determines that? That's easy ... I do ๐Ÿ˜€
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    So do we have gamblers out here!!!earning money is all about taking risk and staying ahead,if you have the guts to earn money then u shud dare to loose it too,or else just be happy!!!as for me,I wanna earn enough money to satisfy my & my family needs! I LOVE TO SLEEP,FOR ANY REASON I CANT LOOSE IT
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    sauravgoswami
    I LOVE TO SLEEP
    May be this is the problem in some people, they don't like sleeping, instead of sleeping get money ๐Ÿ˜
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Well huge money dont gaurantee key to happiness,but u can surely owe one with money.Well earning money has no limits,limits has to individuals interest to earn money!!!I Bet at one point of time everyone will stop earning money,leaving many more to achive
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Saurav, why do you need guts to earn money ๐Ÿ˜€ ... you have brains to do that for you. Money as it is will follow ... so no need to do anything for that ๐Ÿ˜€
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    money come when u risk!!higher the risk,more the money...our brain will help us to find the solution but it wont allow us to take that risky step!!! u have to get out of comfort zone to earn that EXTRA!!!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Till date a CEan has not replied he/she can go faaaaaaaaaaaar to earn that extra big bucks. Common guys. Are you not greedy? You dont have that 'brain' to earn big by thinking big? Going far doesn't mean resorting to unfair means. It might mean taking that one risk, a risk that will make or break your life.
  • varunpurohit
    varunpurohit
    Hmmm.... I wud say the thought of : "Have i earned enough?" is for someone who is not ambitious enough or has become tired earning !!! Income should be steady / continuous

How far can you go to earn enough money ----- I wud never let go any of my ethical values, and wud be happy having a steady income which wud help me sustain my expenses and save enough for anything unforseen.

My advice - Get yourself insured (life and medi), buy a good house, some bank balance (any sum without having to struggle.)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I need a topic for a paper presentation related to ECE......... could somebody help me,plz.,............!?
CE breaks its own record! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ 1000 new members in just 14 days ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Welcome our 14,000[sup]th[/sup] CEan - bhuvi11 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Rock on, CEans!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ANNOUNCEMENT: Celab.tk is no longer accessible. Please go directly to: CE Bot (CE Lab Projects) for the Project Website, thank you. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Welcome to Part Two of CE Bot....
I've found that the problem with my circuit (see ADG436 thread) was a capacitor that discharges very slowly. Could this problem just be a faulty cap?
I will right here some funny one liners which people say either due to a slip of tongue or due to the fact that their hold over the language is...